Thursday, March 17, 2016

H and K (and parents) visit the Sunshine State!

Holly and Kelly: This past weekend sis and I were in Florida for some baseball games and a day at the beach. It was the first time the two of us have seen the ocean since 2009, and let me tell you, when you spend every summer at the beach for as long as you can remember and then go 7 years in between without, it's a long time. We left Friday afternoon and flew out of Louisville into Atlanta then into West Palm Beach where we didn't get to our hotel until after 1 in the morning. Dad picked us up and we all just crashed once we got to the hotel. Saturday morning was spent sipping coffee by the pool, then we gallivanted a few miles up the road to watch the first of two spring training baseball games. Dad's a big Cardinals fan (don't hate) and the tickets came at a really good price, considering it was major league baseball. The weather was absolutely gorgeous too! A bit warm, yes, but there was a time where the clouds got in the way, so we all weren't sitting under the sun for the entire duration of the game. It was nice.  Very nice.

After the first game we ventured off to a small beach and found quite a few shells, and sis and I have a project planned for the shells we did find, so stay tuned for that! We had 3 nights of fantastic food, and I mean fantastic! The best food night was Monday night, where the two of us shared a pasta with mussels, scallops, calamari, shrimp and some kind of fish. We DESTROYED it! I (Kelly) put a pic of it on Facebook, and I'm sure I will gross a few people out. But you want to know what the best thing was? Family time. There's nothing like it. At the second baseball game, Holly was seated next to a family where a younger girl, in her words, was being a brat. She was whining, complaining, glaring at her parents and making rude remarks to her younger sibling. I wish I would have had the chance to tell her to enjoy the moments now, because when she gets to become our age and moves away from her family, you will die for just one more day. Sis and I see our parents on a good year six times, typically it's less than that, usually 4 or 5. We were talking about that one time, how when we were growing up and even in the first few years of college each time we visited we couldn't wait to get back to Berea. But like I said, what I wouldn't have gotten for just one more day at the beach.

Tuesday morning sunrise 
Family selfie! 

1 comment:

CamilleAshleyMK said...

I'm so glad you got to go, and that you had a fabulous time! Love you both :)