Kelly: Yesterday afternoon, Holly and I had the pleasure of partaking in a lovely wedding ceremony of a dear friend of ours, Ashley. We met Ashley our first year in college, and we've hit it off ever since! She wedded her high school sweetheart, Derek. The venue was Wea Creek Orchard in Lafayette, Indiana. So on Friday afternoon, we loaded up and drove the almost 5-hour drive with another dear friend of ours. The ceremony was just absolutely gorgeous; a very simple, "country" style wedding. It was a very small wedding party; only about 100 guests from near and far. Most of the guests were family, but there were some friends there as well (like us!). What was so great about this weekend as well is that it happened to fall during our mini fall break, here in Berea known as reading period. In other words, we don't have classes till WEDNESDAY. Holla!
The ceremony started at 2:37...PM, and I must say, the weather was GORGEOUS. It was a bit warm, yes, but the sun was shining and there was a breeze every now and then. I actually cried in the beginning (I always cry at weddings, such a joyous occasion.) However, I was also crying because I was just very happy to be there, considering we almost weren't able to attend. I really don't know what else to talk about; it was just a perfect weekend! After the ceremony, us and our three friends went to the hotel we were staying at, went to Steak and Shake in our PJ's, and just laughed and talked the whole time. What a blessing. Ever since they all graduated, I feel as if a piece of me has been left behind that only they can fill up again. I'm so grateful for my dear friends, and I wish Derek and Ashley the best of luck as they start their new life together! Cheers to them!!
Holly: I have absolutely nothing concrete to add to this. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and lovely and fit Ashley and Derek to a T. I am simply overwhelmed with joy for being able to be a part of my dear friend's new chapter in her life, as well as being able to catch up with dear friends who have also moved on to new chapters in their lives. In one weekend I have never laughed so much and been so happy and blessed. This weekend was the perfect reminder of why I am so grateful and blessed for my friendships, both near and far, and this quote from the wedding program sums it up perfectly:
Technically, you have no obligation to be here today or be there for us any other day; but the fact remains that you are here now, and you have always been there for us.
In a few months I will be recipients of these ever-precious words as I receive my bachelor's from Berea, and friends near and far gather for this as well. So here's to Ashley and Derek, to wonderful friends, laughing, and remembering this special weekend we spent together! :) <3
 |
| A perfectly beautiful day for a wedding! |
 |
| Mr and Mrs! :) |
 |
| Our lovely newlywed friend! :) |
 |
| cake!! |
 |
| Beautiful wedding with beautiful people! :) |
6 comments:
Awww, it looks like it was a beautiful wedding! And an awesome trip =)
It was. :)
I'm glad it was so wonderful for you both. :-)
Thanks Catherine, it was wonderful beyond words! Not just for us, but for everyone, so nice to see and laugh with old friends again! :)
Hey I like you! ^_^
We like you too Ashrey!! See you soon! <3
Post a Comment