![]() |
| Nothing fancy; just a road I (Kelly) posted this afternoon with some God-chasing song lyrics. 2 likes so far. |
![]() | |||||||||
| A selfie of me on Christmas. 65 likes...and a few comments. |
Ok...now it's Holly's turn...
![]() | |||
| A picture of God's creation, with an encouraging reminder to stand firm in our faith even during downpours: Nothing. Nada. Zip. |
![]() | ||
| A pic of my Aussie and I. 55 likes...also with a few comments. |
Do you see our point?
Please don't misunderstand us. Relationships are wonderful. Having to go to work on Christmas and bring joy to others is wonderful. But what about deep, from-the-gut life stuff that shows how much we've grown, changed, etc? Why is everyone suddenly all akjfdbnakdljbgfiawuer when your relationship status changes?
We encourage mindfulness: Why are you really "liking" that? Yes, those things we mentioned are wonderful. They truly are.
Kelly: Did anyone see my little comparison at the top of this post? I thought it was a bit strange. Then again, maybe I don't. Today's culture is gripped with selfies galore, and for what? What is the purpose? I am guilty of posting the occasional selfie, usually when I'm just being silly. Sometimes it's to make a point, like the one on Christmas where I didn't get to spend time with my family and just put it up as a reminder that some people don't get to spend holidays with their families. That was it, that was the point.
I guess the point is to just perhaps be a bit more mindful of not only what we post, but why we are attracted to what we are attracted to? What is the point of that selfie? Am I trying to gain something from this? Is there some sort of point I'm trying to get across? Did something really great happen? Did something really awful happen that you are trying to bring awareness to? I know it may seem silly, but these are the things we should be asking ourselves. It's something I try to do.




2 comments:
It's an interesting perspective to look at. I've spent a lot of time contemplating the opposite though. I actually wrote a whole post about it a couple years ago. The basic thought being that I can google a picture of a sunset with hundreds of results, but I can't google what do my awesome friends Holly and Kelly Korb look like today? Are they feeling confident today? Here's my take from two years ago if interested :)
http://speakonlywordsofkindness.blogspot.com/2014/02/my-thoughts-on-selfiesunday.html
That's a very interesting perspective! I know I've posted a few selfies for the same reason. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, friend!
Post a Comment