Monday, June 2, 2014

30 Days of Doctor Who: Favorite quote and favorite Doctor catchphrase

Kelly: So you have now realized that yes this is 30 days, but not 30 consecutive days. Haha. Anyway, with this we each picked our favorite "serious" so called quote and then our favorite funny one. So enjoy.

"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Though it's from my least favorite season of the show, this was one of my favorites. In the scene where he speaks this, The Doctor is talking to a sleeping young Amy, putting her to bed and telling her of her new life, all the while knowing that she'll forget him, as time has been rewritten. It makes me think about where my story is heading, and if I'm doing my best to be the person that God wants me to be. I sometimes wonder how my story will end; with God or elsewhere? Only He knows that. And I am trying my hardest to make my story a good one, as he would say. Challenge accepted for some of you readers I presume. And now for the funny bit.

"Do you know why? Because you're so thick! You're Mister Thick Thick Thickety Thick Face from Thicktown, Thickania. And so is your dad."

Oy. Had to pull up the transcript to make sure I got it right. This silly blunder is from one of my favorite episodes, The Girl in the Fireplace, and to me it shows 10's silliness along with his "charm," if you want to call it that. But ahhh, we love him so. He has so many funny one liners.

Holly: Guys, this show has some KICK. BUTT. writing.  I mean, woah.  I have waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too many favorite quotes.  But I'll be good and do my two-part.

"We all change, when you think about it.  We're all different people, all through our lives, and that's ok, that's good!  You've got to keep moving, so long as you remember all the people you used to be." 

So....yeah, I love this quote.  We hear this from Eleven literally as he's about to regenerate.  Talk about irony, huh?  SAD and wonderful irony.  I am so thankful that I am not the person I used to be, but oftentimes I think of where I was and who I used to be...what a difference!  A good one, though.  Sometimes we just want to blaze through life and forget about all the stupid stuff we did, the bad choices we made, the things we didn't say, what have you.  I think, in order for us as people to move forward, we have to humble ourselves and remember that we weren't always where we are now, and usually, at least in my experience, it's for the best.

"Excuse me, do you mind not farting while I'm trying to save the world?"

Let's face it, Nine doesn't get much love.  Which is a shame, in my opinion.  This line is gold.  Solid gold.  Every time I watch that ep I always have to go back and rewind that part.

And I think our favorite catchphrase is a phrase that should be used in everyday common speech.

Allons-y!!! 


No comments: