Monday, December 5, 2011

Knee Socks and Beef Jerky

Holly: This blog post has absolutely no pertinent significance to life, the universe, and all its profound mysteries.  It has nothing to do with anything going on right now in our lives.  This is just merely a post about things that make us laugh. 

For me, since I'm a biology major, I have compiled a list of science terms that sound like (bad) band names.  Here goes.  Feel free to add more.  Enjoy:

*The Hydrophobic Effect (my personal favorite)
*The Michaelis-Menten Equation
*Central Dogma
*Topoisomerase
*Renin
*Lagging Strand
*The Genetic Code
*The Bohr Model
*Glusatory Pleasure
*Fluid Mosaic Model
*Competitive Inhibition
*NMR
*G-6-P
*Breaking Glycogen

Kelly: For me, today I was going through my Twitter account and looking at some of the tweets that I retweeted. Most of them are very humorous, but some are serious and actually thought-provoking. Listed below are some of my favorite "retweets."

Brad Sherwood: Herman Cain giving his endorsement to another candidate is like a restaurant that gets closed for health violations telling you where to eat. (sorry if I offend anyone...)

Colin Mochrie: Hosting the Oscar Meyer awards where everyone is a wiener. Thank you...thank you very much.

Colin again: Just won an Emmy for "Most Likely never to win an Emmy" Eat it Kardashians!!!

Jeff Davis: I just discovered a long-forgotten jar of pickled eggs in my fridge. I'm terrified. And intrigued

Brad Sherwood: Daily thought; the world will always be full of people & ideas you disagree with. Relax. Things will never be just 'your way.'

Brad again: Daily life choices: cruelty or kindness, exclusion or acceptance, selfishness or generosity, judgment or tolerance. #BeNicer

Michael W. Smith: Religion is boring. Life with God is an adventure!

and the best for last....

Lord Voldemort: FINALLY! There is a cure for stupid. It's called; shut the hell up.

TA-DA!!! Hope we all brightened your day with some laughs. We're plugged into our last week of classes, so we could use all the laughs we can get. Share your funny stuff with us if you want, or just divulge into ours! Thank you faithful readers! Cheers!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Six-foot ficus...hahahahhahahaha