Kelly: Alas, our fall semester is complete, as of 5:00 today! Yippee!!!!! It was crazy and rough, and how we got through it is still a mystery to us. Definitely looking forward to a few weeks of downtime at home with family and friends. However, I am sad to report that this will be our last blog post for a few weeks; the internet at home is not good at all and to get on here and blog regularly is just not going to happen. However, we may be able to sneak in a few posts, so avid readers please keep your eyes open.
The purpose of tonight's post is to share a wonderful "God moment" story with you all. I will leave Holly to tell the story, but I have something that I would like to share before the story. While I was on facebook, a friend of mine posted that he had some "nursing questions" that I should be able to answer. Though for confidentiality reasons I will not disclose our discussion, but it just really made me feel useful. I am happy that I am able to console this friend and actually put my major to use when I'm not in class or in a clinical setting. SUCCESS. Before I hand this over to Holly, I just want to wish all of our avid readers a very Merry Christmas! I hope that God blesses all of you during this holiday season and that your time with family and friends is truly joyful! Peace! :]
Holly: This will be our last post until sometime after the New Year (less than desirable internet conditions at home), but this story is too good not to share. I'm still smiling. I suppose God is too.
Amanda (my roommate), Kelly and I were driving to a nearby gas station so Amanda could fill up her car to go home tomorrow morning. I ran in to grab a frozen pick-me-up for Kelly and I and I noticed that there was a $20 bill in the cup holder. Amanda had no knowledge of it. (Just go with it...it comes back later).
I come back out to the car and Amanda tells me her tires are a little flat, so we pull up to the air pump thingamajig (after first placing a phone call to her mechanic stepdad). Unfortunately, all three of us have NEVER put air in tires before, so we were completely clueless. Out of nowhere, a man in shorts steps out of his pick up truck and asks us if we needed any help. Mind you, it's about 30 degrees outside (about 1 C, for our Canadian/out of US readers). Not only is this man in shorts, but he puts air in all four of Amanda's tires! We were completely shocked...we literally just stood there the entire time. As he's ready to leave, Amanda has Kelly go into the car and...get the $20 from earlier. It is now in the possession of the nice man in shorts.
We know absolutely nothing about the nice man in shorts. We don't know if he was in a hurry, if he was a Christian, but we do know that he didn't have any obligation to help us, but he did. It is likely that our paths will never cross again, but I don't think he'll ever know just how appreciative we are of him. This. This is what this time of year is all about.
I hope that all of you who read (or do not read) enjoy a holiday season filled with laughter in your spirits and joy in your hearts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment