Friday, December 2, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!!

Kelly: Honestly, I had a rather rough morning. The results of my MRI came back normal, much to my surprise. Though I was relieved that surgery is ruled out, frustration soon took over as I left the office. Great, it's not this, but...what is it? SOMETHING is still going on, and nobody can figure out what. The doctor even told me "I'm just grasping at straws." Talk about comforting. So my next step has yet to come; nerve conduction studies. I left the office crying and eventually broke down in my sister's room. I guess the unknown of what is going on and on-going frustration just got to me. This vicious cycle....is exhausting. But I am keeping the faith, even though these times are really hard, but faith is all I've got.

Tonight was also the first night of the entire college music department's Christmas concert. The church we were at was full and the spirits were uplifted and joyful. During one of the songs I was singing, I really took the time to listen to the words. And during one part of the song...I just felt something inside me just....become happier.

Thank you for the Lamb
The precious lamb of God
Because of your grace I can finish this race
The precious lamb of God


And now, I'm in such a good mood. It just amazes me the wonderful power of Christmas and Christmas music can totally change one's outlook of an entire day. God is...awesome and amazing, and I thank Him that he can make a seemingly small situation and exposing it to me after a rough start. Peace be to all of you.

Holly: I too am in a fantastic mood! I received a good grade on an exam I just took (and this professor is notorious for rough exams), and I work with some really awesome people who always cheer me up and put me in a silly/good mood (I will blog about that at a later time).  But the moment that Kelly came in and was deeply frustrated and upset by the "normal" MRI, I put on my sister hat and just hugged her.  I didn't say anything.  There aren't words to describe how it feels when your sister is hurting.  But the power of presence is more that can be said.  Actions really do speak louder than words.

Anyway, the Christmas concert tonight is something that I have been looking forward to for a while now...mostly because I just LOVE Christmas.  But there is something to be said when you hear a church full of people singing carols! It's just heartwarming! I left the church smiling.  :) 

The content below is a conversation I had with a local pastor (who is a graduate of Berea and the temporary college band director).  I am not making any of this up:

"Do you sing in BME? Do you have a twin sister? I just LOVE watchin' y'all sing, cause y'all look so happy! And you actually have rhythm! 'Cause white people usually don't have rhythm! You represent white people well!"

I hope that you all are blessed by the sounds and sights of Christmas! :)

2 comments:

Deb and Barbara said...

You girls know I'm thinking about you through this, but I had to weigh in re the last conversation. 1. it is funny!!! and 2. just how I pictured you: so happy and spreading that positive energy no matter what's going on!
Barbara

Holly said...

Thank you Barb! It isn't easy to be positive sometimes, but people notice, and it really does impact more people than just ourselves! :) Hope you ladies are enjoying your holidays so far!!