Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dreams really do come true

Holly: Last night was pretty spectacular.  The night before I prayed for an attitude change.  Well, I got it.  In a HUGELY unexpected way!!!!

My freshman year the American Spiritual Ensemble (if you don't know who they are, I pity you.  Look them up!!) came to Berea and put on an amazing show.  Their processional was the concert spiritual "Walk Together Children".  As they were coming in and chills were all over me, all I could think was, holy crap I want to sing that song sooooo bad!  Last night, I did just that.

To add the icing to an already-large piece of cake, the artist behind the music, Dr. Raymond Wise, was with us and able to lead us through it.  So, picture 100+ students and this short but powerful man of God leading all of us in a pretty awesome spiritual.  Unbe-freaking-lievable. 

Definitely one of the highlights of my Berea College career.  I will never forget it.  And I hope everyone there doesn't either.

Kelly: I remember seeing the written score for the song. I almost fainted. Back in 2009, the American Spiritual Ensemble came to Berea and performed the same song, and led by the same director who led us yesterday! And I was like...whoa. That's awesome. That's power. THAT'S a spiritual!!!

Meeting Dr. Wise was also a highlight of the evening. Turned out we both are familiar with Ohio (and he knew where Athens was!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I don't really know what else to add; Holly pretty much captured my same thoughts and feelings. Walking in yesterday morning, I really didn't know what to expect. I didn't really want to even be there; just kept thinking about all that I had to get done. By the end of the day, my mounds of homework were a distant thought. It's funny how a whole day can change your perspective; it's completely awesome when God brings forth a wonderful individual to change your perspective.  

Dream come true

No comments: