Holly: I know we just blogged yesterday, but too much good has happened not to share! ^___^
Kelly and I spent the day having our spring break scheduled "sister date". Yes, we had so much planned this week that we scheduled a sister date. Sue us. We visited our high school alma mater today.
Yup, good ol' Federal Hocking. Seems like ages ago that Kelly and I graduated (2008...so it wasn't THAT long ago). Anyway, we hadn't visited since just starting out at Berea and after Mom ran into some of our ex-teachers, we figured we'd pay everyone a little visit. It was so wonderful to reconnect with some of our favorite high school teachers!!! They were so excited that we were almost finished with school, trying to figure out what to do with our lives, and I graduating very, very soon! As Kelly and I wandered the halls hunting people down, something that kept coming to us is "Wow, this place hasn't changed a bit." Suddenly we were transformed back into wide-eyed 15-year-old freshmen!
Yeah, high school wasn't a picnic for us (being in marching band, science olympiad, and mock trial puts you at the very bottom of the social totem pole), but seeing everyone today reminded me that we had some pretty great times in high school. I miss having the teachers I ran into today. I miss the innocence of high school; you didn't have to have all the answers! Kelly and I were welcomed with open arms as we opened the doors of the seemingly-forgotten halls of Fed Hock. I will never forget that. I hope to visit again before we make our big move.
P.S. An unrelated bit of good news: JOB INTERVIEW NEXT WEEK! Sometime. Not sure yet! BUT IT'S A JOB INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Kelly: I admit, I was a little skeptical walking into the doors, just because it has been so long. How in the world were people going to react to us two geek burgers walking in through the double doors on a Thursday afternoon? But it was just like old times; picked up right where we left off. We filled everyone in with our potential move, apartment finding, college hustle and bustle, and of course, me and the fact that I still have one more long and painful year of nursing school left to endure. But it will be here before I know it!
After our high-school rendezvous, we hit town and did some mini shopping. What I distinctly remember about today (other than sis getting a high-five from our former Spanish teacher) was listening to a song on the radio and thinking about good times from long ago. When we were still in youth group in high school we would go to this big weekend outdoor concert thing that was SUPER AWESOME. There was one band that was playing their well-known song called "Washed by the Water." As soon as the chorus started, it began POURING.
Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water
On the way home today, it had been sprinkling on and off. When that song came on the radio I said to Holly "wouldn't it be funny if it started raining?" Turned out I had been thinking the same thing too. I realize that my contribution has nothing to do with Holly's, but it just made me think. We have worked very hard to get where we are today, and the roads we have taken have not been easy. But we were both reminded we've got a large cheering squad here at home that are rooting for us! Yes, we have been hit with personal rain storms and floods, but they wash away and good times come forth. Ok, enough of my platform today. Yay for good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment