Kelly: When I first started college at Berea, I had this big dream to go back home, live in the city and work at a big hospital. It's funny to me how plans can change over a course of time. If I were a freshman and someone told me I would end up wanting to live in Berea, I would have told them they were crazy.
Now I'm the crazy one. lol
With Holly graduating in a few months and me still continuing my education, we sat down over Christmas break and had a few conversations. We had both been entertaining the idea of staying in the area and me living off campus during my last year in school. Talked about it to the folks, and they were on board with the idea. Talked with some friends, and they were on board with the idea too. So the research began. Last semester Holly and I started looking up various apartments and writing down their phone numbers so we could contact them. The contacting started today...
...two voicemails were left. I was an idiot and left the notebook with all the numbers written down at school...in my desk. I went into the shower this morning and when I came out sis told me nobody answered. Guess they were busy with lunch. Holly just now got off the phone with one of our potential living spaces.
WE'RE LOOKING AT A PLACE NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holly: *gah* *spaz* *panic* *holycrapisthisreallyhappening*
YES. YES IT IS!
This is the best spring break ever!!!!!!!!!! :D And the lady sounds so nice and the apartments look so nice too! :)
Like Kelly, I never imagined living somewhere like Berea. I had plans to become a small animal vet and move to the Carolinas (our family goes to North Myrtle Beach every year and there's a vet clinic nearby. I would always say, I'm going to work there!). But plans change. Big time. As my education has progressed, I've come to the realization that maybe my heart belongs elsewhere, not in vet medicine. I mean, it's always there, and perhaps my plans will change again. But let's just be frank: if I were to apply for vet school right now, they'd take one look at my application and throw it away. So where I'll be, I don't know. But I'd say that God is turning the tables in our favor so far! :) And as it stands, I can't imagine being anywhere else other than Berea!!
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment