Kelly: Haters gonna hate, but love will overcome. This is very pertinent to the events of today. In the choir that sis and I are involved in, some words that were spoken have stirred some controversy. I admit, when I first heard what was spoken, I was offended. But, because like the negative comments that have been said, I was misunderstood. I can say proudly that I am not anymore. God was THERE yesterday, whether or not people accept that. He. was. THERE.
That being said, I am keeping my end very simple. I am not going to feed into these negative comments that have been said, or lack thereof. If there is a problem, I believe in facing it. I hope that these people who have been saying these negative comments no longer misunderstand us and what BME is about. But if not, I hope they at least know that God loves them, no matter what. And...I am finished.
Holly: Without beating a dead horse, I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. I don't think we've seen the end of this. But I sincerely hope that our beloved BME choir will hold tight and strong to our mission, to our integrity, to the hope in the lives that we have changed. I think that is stronger than the impact of any words.
2 comments:
I'm sorry about the things going on even though I don't understand it fully. :(
Thanks Catherine. It makes us all sad too. But in spite of this we are striving to rise up as a choir and hold firm to what we believe. It's all we can really do at this point...
Post a Comment