Saturday, March 10, 2012

Home sweet home for a little while

Holly: The TV is on, which is something I'm not really used to.  There's a slight chill in the house.  I look outside my window and don't see any street lights or hear the sounds of narcoleptic students being unreasonably loud at unreasonable hours.  No traffic.  No sirens.  No noise.

Home.

Yes, spring break has arrived.  Yay!  Don't get me wrong, I'm practically Berea's number one fan, but I'm so ready to just be away for a while.  Although I really don't get that much of a break: I'm working on a lab notebook for one of my biology courses (that's 300-level but feels like a graduate level), reading a book for my biology capstone (that's 400-level but feels like a 100-level...I am NOT complaining, by the way), apartment-searching (although my sister is a goob and left the majority of the phone numbers at school.  Hey, ya gotta start somewhere, I reckon), continuing the ever-arduous job search,  and starting the even more arduous task of packing up some of my stuff here so I can get the bleep out of my parent's house in May (can you be excited and scared at the same time???????? I say yes).

And it's only a week.  Stay tuned.  :)

Kelly: Well as for me, this really won't be much of a break. I still have a lot of homework to do...BLAAAAH. Oh well, no rest for the weary I suppose. However, I have devoted some of the break for some quiet time with sis and my best friend. And once I get back on campus I will hopefully be rejuvenated enough to tackle the rest of what the semester holds for me!

During this break we are also taking another bold leap; starting the process of moving out! Yes. One day this week we will be spending it by sorting our stuff; keep, sell and toss. We hope we are successful and don't have as much to bring back to Berea...cross your fingers for no U-Hauls!!!! Also keep your fingers crossed that this week I hear about my CNA job and we also find a place to go in Berea. That is also on the agenda...even though we will only have 3 apartments to call since I am a ree-ree and forgot the apartment book of phone numbers in Berea in my desk drawer. Oops. And it's for this reason why we can't have anything nice!

That's all to report for now. We are looking very forward to this time off!

2 comments:

Becki said...

I keep my fingers crossed for everything! :D

Hope you're successful!

Holly said...

Thank you!!! Things are looking up so far, taking it as a good sign! :)