Sunday, November 11, 2012

Potpurri Post #5

Kelly: We have nothing concrete to talk about, so we're just going to blah on and on. It's going to be a busy week for me. Doc's appt tomorrow, test tomorrow, test on Friday and a Women's choir concert on Sunday that you all should come to cuz it's going to be awwwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!!!!!!!

I'm really excited about the Hobbit too. I had seen the trailers and whatnot on TV but seeing it on the big screen was super cool! And to think, the next time we see it on the big screen it'll be for real! I also have my tentative clinical placement for next semester; anybody ever been to a surgical ICU? I was pretty mad at first that I didn't get a placement at Berea, but life goes on. And now we're watching Gangam style. Life is pretty good. Nothing really to report for me. I'm boring :P

Holly: So we really don't have a specific topic...so we're just going to catch y'all up on our lives and babble endlessly until we feel like stopping! :}

To start, almost ONE. MONTH.  Until The Hobbit appears on the big screen!!!!!!!  To say that Kelly and I are excited is a gross understatement.  We saw Wreck-it Ralph with some friends last night and we saw a preview and I think we scared our friends and everyone else in the theater! lol.  But yeah.  We have our tickets and everything.  It's going to be amazing!

A bit of sad (ish) news: I have just about a week and a half of my job left, and then I'm back out into the world of unknowns.  I can't believe it's already been six months.  When I got hired on and they told me everything would wrap up in November, it seemed a million miles away, but now it's here.  It's been so awesome, and I've been really blessed with awesome co-workers.  And of course, the sweetest (and smelliest, and greasiest) dogs anyone can even imagine.  I will miss it terribly.  So I'm going to do my best to make the most of these last few days.  I've sent out some applications; I'm looking for something a little closer to home.  Because I do love my job, SO. MUCH, but the commutes are kind of crazy.  So there's that.  Please send good vibes/pray/whatever you do for me in these next couple of weeks.

Another endeavor that I've recently joined is Mary Kay.  Yes!  After several months of friends dragging me to events and yanking my rope, I signed up about a month ago.  It's been a little slow-going, and it gets pretty frustrating, but overall I am enjoying it, and things are slowly picking up and I'm making progress.  I have goals and I know what I need to do to reach them, and I'm confident that I will do so. The women are so amazing and encouraging, and of course the products sell themselves!  I'm excited to see where this whole thing goes; I'm looking forward to it.  :)

That's about all I have to report on my front.  Keep on keeping on.  Be blessed!


No comments: