Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tunage

Holly: So Kelly and I were inspired by this:

http://twopaddocks.com/team-tunes.shtml#BenedictCumberbatch

Yes, it's Mr. C.  Sue us.  But we were browsing through the rest of the lists and we just kept thinking, what would be OUR top ten songs??  So here they are (these are in no particular order):

1. Who You Are- Unspoken
I first heard this song on a radio station I don't normally listen to, and the words just really spoke to me.  It just resonated with me that no matter how far gone you go, God is still there.

2. Holland Road- Mumford and Sons
Ok, essentially ANYTHING by them is good, just very recently got into them and love their music, their instrumentation, etc.  But the rhythms and driving melody is just...aah!  My ears are happy.  And the words are really powerful.

3. Can't Stop Loving You- Phil Collins
Like Mumford, I'm a huge Phil Collins fan.  HUGE.  It's very hard to find a song by him that I don't like.  But this is just one of the most beautiful love songs in existence, in my opinion.  If I ever get married I will play this song.

4. Solsbury Hill- Peter Gabriel
Just makes me think about life, memories, good times.

5. River- Enya
I listen to this if I can't think of anything to listen to.  Beautiful music.

6. No Not One- Brandon Heath
Probably one of my favorite songs ever.  Great reminder of God and His love and power.

7. Tonight is the Night- Outasight
Don't judge.  Makes me want to dance.

8. Ticket to Ride- The Beatles
Catchy.

9. Hide- Scott Grimes
Yes, Dr. Morris on ER can sing.  And he does it well.

10. Into the West- Annie Lennox
Still gives me chills to this day.  Hauntingly beautiful.

Kelly: (my list changes daily. I love all kinds of music)

1. Caledonia-Celtic Woman. 
I first heard this song when I was in the Highlands last summer in Scotland. It's a beautiful song about making a return journey home. There are many versions of this song; I just like Celtic Woman's the best :]

2. Broken Crown-Mumford & Sons
There are a few explicit words in this song, but a friend of mine pointed out how much passion there is in it. There really is. Just listen to the words. And the music is terrific too

3. The Memory of Trees-Enya
This song...is so beautiful. I love a lot of Enya's work, but after a long day this song is so relaxing.

4. One Thing Remains-Kristian Stanfill
Just a reminder that God's love is always with us. It never fails, never gives up, and it never runs out. Power! What power! Currently playing on repeat

5. All This Time-Britt Nicole
I call this my theme song. For real. Sometimes I forget that God has been there walking beside me through the hard times. And He still is!

6. Voice in the Wilderness-David Nevue
Found this song through Pandora. It's gorgeous! I love calm piano music, mostly hymns.

7. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)-The Proclaimers
I just always want to get up and start dancing when I hear this song. I play it after I get something done and want to celebrate. Plus, they're twins...from Scotland! :D

8. Joy to the World-Hillsong
Yes, yes. I know it's a Christmas song. But it's my favorite arrangement of said song. Take a listen.

9. Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da: The Beatles
Because it's awesome. That's why!

10. Free-Dara Maclean. 
Another whoop whoop song! Just got introduced to this not too long ago. Such true words! Great for walking early in the morning. :]

Let us know what you like or what you like on this list! Cheers!

No comments: