Kelly: As you all know, Holly and I entered the Tolkien fandom rather late in life...as in this summer to be exact. This time tomorrow, we will be in Lexington awaiting to see The Hobbit movie at midnight!!! We are SO EXCITED! Now, here's a bit of news as to why we are excited.
*I am in love with the story line. If you haven't yet, PLEASE read the book! I've read it twice! P.S. If you want to borrow it from us let us know as we have a copy. It is such a terrific tail of an unlikely hero who gathers with unlikely friends and goes on an unlikely journey in his life. He doesn't know it at the time, but this journey is pivotal in the life of Bilbo Baggins. I cannot wait to see this pivotal journey on the bigscreen.
* Martin Freeman!!!!!!! Need I say more? I have really enjoyed learning about him more as an actor and from reading interviews he got into the storyline late too, just like us. I encourage you, all of you, to see some of his other work. We particularly like his work in Sherlock, but there are others of his we like too :] (Um...that's a lie. We pretty much like everything he's in. Hi Martin, we're not psycho, we swear. Let's have tea sometime. ~Holly)
* Since we started into the Middle Earth journey so late, we missed out on seeing LOTR on the big screens. In fact, we saw the extended edition DVD's before we even read the books! Never saw them in theaters; we were 13 when Return of the King came out into the theaters. So yeah. This is our first Tolkien trilogy we are seeing on the big screen! And yes we are going to go all out!!! Better late than never, eh?
* If you really pay attention to some common themes, there are some Christian themes. I know!! It's not just about kicking butt, killing orcs and being invaded by dwarves. There's love, friendship, compassion and grace intertwined into the souls of the pages and the lives of the characters! To me it reflects Tolkien's character as well. So yes. This is why I'm excited about it. I hope you all get to enjoy it as much as we will! :]
Holly: FAR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVER, THE MISTY MOUNTAINS COOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDD!!!!!
Sorry. I'm a bit slap-happy. I'm sure you can figure out why. :D
And I completely agree with all of what Kelly said. Mostly I'm excited because of the experience of Middle Earth in the form of theatrical premieres. We entered this fandom recently and later in life. We weren't the fans who grew up with the books and movies, or had parents who did the same. We didn't even watch the movies and read the books until a few months ago. And we completely missed the Lord of the Rings trilogy and all the hype surrounding it. Now we're going to be getting a little taste of what that's about, and it's pretty exciting. And we get to enjoy it with two of our rockin' awesome friends. And Martin Freeman, of course. He's lovely.
We watched the live stream of the London premiere this afternoon, and during an interview the guy asked Martin Freeman to give a message to all the fans who were watching from all over the world. He said "I dare you to be disappointed." I know I won't be. So many people have waited months, even years, heck, some probably even their whole lives, to see Bilbo Baggins on his grand adventure with the baker's dozen of dwarves come to life on the big screen. For me, the anticipation has been unreal. I'm looking forward to a return trip to Middle Earth. The anticipation is insane, the fandom is going crazy. I'm so ready!
Below are a few pictures I've collected over the last few months. Enjoy.













No comments:
Post a Comment