Saturday, December 22, 2012

Potpurri post #6

Kelly: To start this post, I would like to point out that it is 11:30 and I am still in my PJ's! Goodness I love Christmas break already. Also, I would like to mention that today is my parents 31st Anniversary!!! :] <3 I hope that one day I can find somebody who can put up with me for that long. But yeah; even after 31 years it is so evident that my parents are still crazy about each other. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I got my final grades on Tuesday; not bad...didn't fail anything but still got one C. The rest were A's and B's. At first I was rather upset because I always think I can do better, but hey, I actually did try. I utilized excellent work/study habits and for my nursing classes it paid off! I scored the highest on my two nursing finals than I ever had before! Must have done something right! So yay me. Ok now I'm done bragging about myself.

The world didn't end yesterday as it was said to. Obviously. If we all went back to the simple truths from Scripture, then there wouldn't be this problem in the first place (for reference please refer to Matthew 24:36). It just irritates me that so many people bought into this whole world ending thing. I mean really? Ok, suit yourself; I'm going to stick with the truth and what I actually know is true, which is God's word. Enough about that. I find it hard to believe that 2012 is almost over!!!!! Is it just me or did this year go by really fast? Like...REALLY fast! If this is any indication on how fast 2013 is going to go then shoot! Graduation will be here in no time! I have so many goals for this upcoming year that I want to accomplish; something sis and I are going to do is keep a jar and write down good things that happen throughout the year. When the year is over we're going to re-visit it and see what happened! :] That's enough for me now; time to shower and actually become a decent individual in the world again. Cheers! Hope everyone has a good Christmas!

Holly: It's now 11:36.  Still in my pj's.  lol.

I really don't have much to say.  I know that may come as a surprise to many of you.  haha.  But no, really.  Like Kelly I too am surprised that 2012 is coming to an end so quickly.   It's been kind of a big year for me. It's hard to believe that when this year started I was still in school.  In that same span of a year I've been in school, graduated from school, been done with school, moved out on my own, and am now on my second "real" job.  And gotten hopelessly hooked on several entertainment franchises that now consume the majority of my free time.  lol.

I am eager to see what 2013 awaits for me.  For many people that I'm close to it's going to be a big year for them.  But for me, it's kind of a question mark.  All I know is I don't want to fold clothes at Old Navy for the rest of my life (NO. OFFENSE!)  My dream is to work for my alma mater.  It gave so much to me and I would love to give just a little bit of myself back to it.  That's all.  Maybe 2013 will open a door for me there.  I pray it does.  But other than that....question mark.

Tomorrow we meet up with an old and dear friend and return to Middle Earth again.  Christmas is three days away.  And we're with family.  Life is good.  I hope all of you have a magic-filled, wondrous Christmas.  Hold close those who are closest to you, and ALWAYS count your blessings, because you have more than you could possibly realize.

Hugs from Ohio.  <3

No comments: