Friday, January 4, 2013

First post of 2013: Operations!

Kelly: No, we are all fine. Not THOSE kinds of operations! Anyway, today has been a day full of operations, as I just posted on my facebook. This morning started out with Operation Temporary Cat Refugee.  Good friends of ours who live in the apartment building next to us found themselves infestered with roaches!!! We got a call last night asking if we could house their 3 cats and bunny for a few hours while the exterminators sprayed. They chilled out in our bedroom, played in the closet and watched ER with me. It was a good morning. The reason we kept them separated is because Wiley is SUPER alpha male and gets very angry and upset in the presence of other cats. So he was completely oblivious to their appearances while Yoda caught a glimpse of little Aurora (not pictured). She was a bit curious for the day.

2/4 refugees for the morning :] 
Then Holly wanted to rearrange our bedroom. So after the kitties left we turned into Operation Rearrange ALL THE THINGS!!! Tomorrow I will be Operation Ow I Hurt Like Crap because I didn't wear my wrist brace. Tendonitis really sucks sometimes. But the wrist pain actually goes away if I wear my brace for a few days. All will be well in due time :] So after we watched Jeopardy, Holly decided to go check on the kitties again to make sure they were ok. About 10 mins. later, she pokes her head in the door. Mischief (orange kitty pictured) got out! We still don't know how he did!!!! But he did. So we spent 20 minutes trying to chase him down. I eventually grabbed our kitty carrier (he loved it earlier today) and he took the bait. I wouldn't have minded chasing him down, except he thought it was funny and it was FREEZING COLD outside! I could almost here him taunting us. But he is safe and sound back at home. So that was today. A grand day. And now Yoda is asleep on my lap. All is well.

Holly: In addition to the newly-developed Operation Big Screen Bilbo Baggins/Martin Freeman/OMGeezers For The Third Time On Sunday, my current operation is Operation Holly Hopefully Has A New Job So She Can Work And Not Die of Boredom And Stir-Craziness Because Old Navy Is.........aksdjhfkajsldhfa...anyway.

Basically what's going down is I am scheduled for 2 days this upcoming week (Thursday and Friday).  Those two days will be my last.  Yes, I'm quitting.  I'm not going into details, but the basic jist of it is it's not worth the gas money and time for so few hours (I work for 10 hours those 2 days, and I've only worked one other shift).  By the way, I have not made that public yet so I would appreciate it if this was kept on the down low...other than you fine people the only other person I have told about this is my mom.  I know you all won't say anything, but just wanted to be up front.  Plus, I have been offered another job (hopefully...we're still working the kinks out).  It will cut my commute time from 35 minutes to about 5, which is a HUGE blessing.  I can't really say much else (really...I can't), but please pray/send good vibes/do whatever you do.

About all to report here.  Go be nice to some people.  And chase some kitties.  And if you haven't seen The Hobbit yet, I pity you.

No comments: