Saturday, January 11, 2014

Certain of certainty

Holly: Well met, readers!  We are 11 days into 2014.  I hope that you are all well, happy, enjoying your people, getting settled back into your routines, enjoying whatever new blessings have already come your way, etc.  Already I have found myself meditating on something I have, yes, learned in just a few short days of this year:

Nothing is certain.

No, really.  It isn't.  I have been mulling over so many possibilities in my head since the start of this year, and although I'm still not sure what to do, perhaps, sometime, I'll end up taking a risk.  For those of you wondering, no, I'm not quitting my job, so that's that.  But anyway, with things like this, you have to stay open-minded.  For example, I never imagined staying in Berea.  I had ambitions of moving to the Carolinas and working in a vet clinic down there.  Halfway through college, I realized vet school wasn't going to work out, and Berea was growing on me more and more.  Fast forward a couple of years: now I'm not in vet school, I'm living in Berea, quite happily, with no intention of leaving anytime soon, and I'm working as a lab coordinator for biology and I couldn't be happier.  I was so...certain...that I had everything figured out.  And now I am where I am, and next year, I could be somewhere different.  Who knows?  The only one that knows, and the only one that is certain, is God.  I'm going to continue praying, and trusting Him.  Stay tuned.  :)

Kelly: Things too have changed in a very short amount of time that this new year has started. I'm still trying to decide whether or not this is really God or if it's just me wanting or not wanting the circumstances to happen. I've hit a few bumps in the road at work, almost resulting in some pretty drastic changes. All is well now, and I'm doing my best to ensure it stays that way. Again, it reminded me that sometimes even though God gives us what we need, it's not always in the way we think it is. That was a hard pill to swallow, and it's one that I'm still learning how to deal with that one. But that's why God puts awesome people in your life; they're there for a reason.

Now onto that note. God does put people in your life for a reason, whatever those reasons may be.Just recently, I've delved into the possibility of starting a relationship. Yes, an actual one. Nothing has progressed yet; it's kind of a long story but we're both ok with the fact that things are the way they are now for a reason (being 1000+ miles away from each other also puts a damper on plans as well). But in about 2 years time things may change and we may move forward. But for now, we're ok with being good friends and perhaps a little bit more (nothing like THAT, ok?) I still miss him, a hecka lot, but in the meantime I'm doing the best I can. I think we both realized that something was potentially there, but again, like this post, I can't be certain of it. That's just the way it is sometimes. I think the mentality I'm going to try and have as this year continues is the fact that I don't know what will happen. I have to be open to whatever God may throw my way, and I have to be ready for it. I have to trust Him; it's the only other option I have. Last year I was between a rock and hard place, and I was certain that my own strength and willpower would get me through. How much do you want to bet how long that lasted? Keep moving forward, that's what I'm saying. So it goes.

No comments: