Well...we are 2 days into the #2015bereasnowpocalypse and, since we are a bit what you'd call snowed in, I'll get things rolling by beginning our tale of when we saw Tim Hawkins live for the second time!
The date was Friday the 13th (how creepy!!) and we waited outside for about fifteen minutes in the RIDICULOUS cold for the VIP doors to open. Yes, this time we had VIP tix, a transaction that took place in May of last year! So no messing around with us this time. We were herded to the gym of the church and were promptly fed Chick-Fil-A. Yes, actual food! Which, at this time, I shall bring up, upon receiving these tickets, it was told that "hors d'oeuvres" were being served, so we ate beforehand. Definitely not expecting boxes of original chicken sandwiches and waffle chips, so we shared a sandwich and hated ourselves a little bit more. After we ate we were taken into the sanctuary where we ended up THREE ROWS behind the stage!
I know there's a lot of you out there who are Tim Hawkins fans, and if you haven't seen him live yet, you really need to! You WILL laugh, for the entire 2 hours, practically nonstop. Bonus: He laughs at his own stuff too! But what I really love about this guy is that he makes it all about Jesus! So I guess it's what I would call a win-win situation :)
| Here he's doing his song called "Third Wheel." Look it up on Youtube! :) |
I wrote in my journal the night we got home and was like this is why I go to things like this. Tim said that this world is so...messed up, and we're all just a bunch of terds. Laughter is perhaps one of the saving graces for this messed up world. It gives me hope, seriously. And it's a good and healthy escape. Plus we just like funny things (if you go on our Pinterest we posted a couple of his stuff on our funnies board). And his humor isn't crude; it's laughable! You laugh at it because a, it's really funny and b because it's so true! He mentioned that when women laugh they let out this long sigh at the end of it. I laughed at this then sighed. I was like "oh my gosh, Holly, I just did what he said!" and I laughed even harder. Perfect example of "it's only funny because it's true." So yeah. It was a really great night. I am still thinking about it from time to time. And who better to share this night with than sis? I will close with a comment he said near the end of the show; his purpose for why he does what he does is all for Jesus. It's to glorify Him.
Jesus didn't come into the world to make bad people good. He came to make dead people alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment