Thursday, February 26, 2015

It's a God thing!

Holly: So we're pretty happy this evening.  

 And apparently I am part contortionist.  Anyway...yeah, it's been a good day today! :)

Last night I wrote a post on my VISTA blog about VISTA turning 50 and what, essentially, being a VISTA means to me.  I shared it on my Twitter page as part of a social media campaign raising awareness for this celebration.  This evening I got this:

Yes, that is the AmeriCorps VISTA twitter page linking up MY blog for all the world to see!  They mentioned my blog! Say freaking WHAT? :D

I don't mean to sound preachy, but I can't take any of the credit for this.  It's all God.  He knew EXACTLY what He was doing when He sent me here, and I am so thankful and beyond blessed (and undeserving!!).  I don't know who runs VISTA's social media platforms, but it's humbling to realize that out of all the thousand some-odd VISTAs out there, they chose to showcase what God is doing for me and through me in wee little Berea Kentucky.  It's humbling to realize that people in Washington DC could read this, my own personal blog I started just so I could remember this year.  Yep...chalking this up to yet another pinch-me moment!

Kelly:  For me, my "God thing" most of you already know about, as my Facebook continues to blow up with likes and comments from today's status. Ever since I did clinicals where I work (which was like almost 4 years ago) and ended up on the substance abuse unit, I was like yes. This is the kind of nursing I can do and want to do and would be very happy there. So I'm where I am now and am thoroughly enjoying it while winding through the occasional bumps and valleys and all of a sudden another opportunity for an opening on such unit comes up. Except it's during the day and not on my shift (3-11). On a whim, I apply internally for it, which I did on Tuesday. And this didn't just come out of nowhere; I've been ready for a change in job for a bit now; not leaving where I work, rather just doing something else. Anywho, I come into work yesterday and the scheduler tells me the job is mine once my current position gets filled. I was like....really? I honestly didn't think I'd even get the job. You see, there was an opening on my shift on the same unit back in the fall. I applied for it but didn't get it, which I was pretty bummed about. My state of mind on Tuesday after handing in my application was well if it's meant to be then it'll happen. And it did. And it IS!!! I was talking to a co worker last night (whom I have appointed as my "work mom") and we were like if you work hard and do well it'll pay off. I then said that never in my life did I have anything handed to me; I always had to work for it.

I was reminded of a song from mine and Holly's BME days and some of the simplest words were "with God I can." And for me it's been with God I can....and I just fill in the blank. At our house, we have a God is Good because...board. Last night when I got home from work I wrote because He knows our desires and provides. With God I, we, you, can do what you dream to do. And if you're reading this and are discouraged with whatever is going on in your life, I encourage you to please hang in there. Keep the faith; the darkness and shadows eventually have to go away. You can do it! As for me, I can't wait to see what God has in store for me and this new position.

Joy unspeakable. Faith unsinkable. Love unstoppable. Anything is possible

No comments: