Kelly: Welcome readers! This is the first of many posts on our joint blog J Hope you enjoy reading and remember, just have fun. The idea of the two of us starting a blog came from multiple sources; our wild and vivid imaginations, a blog WE follow (and YOU should too!), and the life we live as college undergraduates. Many of times I experience something that happens in my day or during the week and I find myself thinking “man, I should blog about that.” So here goes! Also, I journal a lot too, so some of the time I may incorporate excerpts from there. Ok, enough jibber-jabber about this blog, but at least we’ve reeled you in now, huh? Hahaha!
We figured we would start this blog with an introduction to ourselves, just for those new readers and followers we may inquire along the way. First off, I would like to say that even though I am a twin, I would like to clear out this common misconception; we are NOT the same people. Though we share the same DNA, you will discover quickly we are two very different people. There, now it’s out for all the ether to see. But seriously, being a twin brings so much joy to my life. It’s a feeling like no other knowing that there is someone in the world who is always connected with you. As you can see, I hate talking about myself so I’m just going to talk about mostly why I love being a twin. Ok, fine, about me: 21 years old, I’m in nursing school (follow my nursing school blog!), and I love going to church, Mountain Dew, good comedy (mostly improvised comedy), good music, good food, and of course my wonderful family and friends. Some pet peeves of mine include close mindedness, intentional ignorance, and discrimination of any kind. That’s pretty much all you need to know about me, oh yeah, and the fact that I am incredibly quirky.
Now, back to being a twin. Most of my friends that I know say they would hate being a twin, but I say “no, I don’t think you would.” I don’t think anyone would honestly; what I love the most is that we constantly bounce off each other’s equal likes and can always make one another laugh when nobody else can. Like I said, a feeling like no other. I hope you all enjoy reading this blog, and spread the word. Tell your friends, call your neighbors, whatever! Cheers!
Holly: “We constantly bounce off each other’s likes and can always make one another laugh when nobody else can.” Yep…pretty much sums that up. Like Kelly said, virtually every time I divulge the not-so-secret that I am, indeed, a twin, he or she is so quick to pipe up and say “Oh, I would HATE being a twin!” I’m just left to ask why??!!?!?? Seriously, for me, Kelly is that ONE person who just gets me in that way that no one else can. I think sometimes she knows me better than I know me. Whether or not that is a good thing, well, that’s up to you to decide.
Anyway, me in a nutshell: I (and Kelly! Ha!) blow out my candles on April 9th. I enjoy animals, knitting, laughing, trying new things (mostly music…my iPod is an enigma!), spending time with friends and family, all things purple and pink, sleeping, and, of course, Dr. Pepper. What I am currently most proud of at the moment is that on May 6, 2012, I will be graduating from Berea College with my Bachelor of Arts in Biology. While I am beyond excited, I am also a bit intimidated and terrified of that big bad question mark in the horizon that is the real world.
Nala is sleeping peacefully beside us, the peepers are out in full swing, and, for once in a long while, I am not sweating in my own house! What a joy! Hey, that’s what you get when you don’t have the fine luxury of air conditioning. No, that is not a joke.
Blessings, and I do sincerely hope that you enjoy what is to come! J
No comments:
Post a Comment