Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Jobs and the First week as SENIORS!

Kelly: Bottom line, I love my job. Really. It is the best job that I have as a college student. The job? I work at the Learning Center, possibly changing to the Center for Transformative Learning. It's corny, I know, but I don't make the rules...I just follow them. Anyway, all I do is make coffee, schedule consultations for our student consultants (they help with a LOT of things, mostly papers), I help the newbies, load/unload the touchy dishwasher, and of course sit in to the occasional staff meeting. But today, I sang the "Mysterious Ticking Noise" song from PPP and glued candy wrappers to strips of paper! All the while laughing and having a fun time. Seriously, I LOVE my job, if I haven't said that enough already. I started last semester, so I had to today participate in this scavenger hunt for the new people. It was an hour of my life that I am never going to get back, but I had so much fun nonetheless.

This brings me to the second part of this blog. One official week of classes has occurred,  and I must say it has been quite a mighty stressful week thus far. Ok, so it's not really stress, just a lot of pressure on me. Basically, in order to further complete my nursing education, I have to pass a math competency test. In order to meet competency, a 23/25 on the test must be achieved in order to pass and be happy. First time I took the test on Monday, 19/25. Second time I took the test today, 21/25. The third and final time I am permitted to take this test will occur on Friday. So yes, it's on. If I pass this test, than yay me and I can get on with my life and repress and forget any memories of the horrific test. However, there is that slim possibility that I will NOT pass this test. This is putting me on edge a little bit...I really don't have a backup plan. In fact, I DON'T have a backup plan. Friends, readers and faithful followers, I've never really been in a situation like this before. If you pray, great. Please do. If not, send good vibes, bribe my professors, do voodoo, whatever you please (I am JOKING about the bribing!), but please think of me. I really hate being selfish, but I myself have been praying fervently and basically saying "God, if you're calling me in a different direction, show me a sign." I don't know if this is the sign or just the fact that He has something bigger and better for me come after Friday.

I will close with this, I am going to think positive. I am going to study for the 2 days that I have left before test #3 occurs. I am going to pray hard and thank God for getting me this far. I might cry, possibly, but we'll see about that. Thank you for reading this and thinking about us twins. Makes us happy that we have faithful followers (and they keep coming!!!!!!). Cheers!

Holly:  Yes, please pray/send happy vibes/perform ritualistic actions on behalf of...Kelly!  Seriously.  Do it.

Like my sis, I too love my job.  I started...about a week ago!  lol.  Haha...no, but really, what I am is a teaching assistant for my department (biology).  It is honestly the best job I have had in a long time.  And that ain't sayin' much, considering my first job EVER was my first job at Berea! (If you really want to know that particular post, feel free to ask me; I have plenty of stories). 

I could not have asked for better people to work with.  My fellow TAs are great and I absolutely ADORE the professors in my department! I use the term ADORE with all seriousness; my supervisor happens to be my academic adviser and he is just a wonderful person! And then some! Plus, I get the opportunity to meet a large portion of the freshman class, and (this is just based off of one lab section...part 2 is coming tomorrow morning, so stay tuned), but they are a great group of students: so eager, and they ask awesome questions! Which definitely makes my job a lot less stressful.  The opportunity to meet new students and further get to know professors/make THEIR lives less stressful is just awesome! I'm glad that I picked my final year of college to undertake this job! :)

Ok, now that I've gushed you all to boredom/oblivion about my job, I...really don't know what else to say.  Except biochemistry is HAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

I just have to keep focusing on the "big one" ahead, which is walking across that stage in May!

Oh, and little random sidenote tangent thingamajig, but...Kelly and I have entered the ranks of independent cellular phone service/new cellular phones.  So far all is well.

blessings! :)

No comments: