Holly: Alas, Wednesday, August 24th, aka the first day of classes at wonderful Berea beloved!!!
For me, the day began at 9am with biochemistry. I killed a wasp off of my dear roommate's desk...yep, just grabbed my notebook and WHAM! Poor dead little critter fell helplessly to the floor. I was quite satisfied with myself...although this charade resulted in me being referred to as "the wasp killer" when the professor continued taking roll. All I really have to say about this class is that you know it's going to be hard when said professor blatantly announces during the class (and writes clearly in the syllabus) something to the degree of "If you absolutely don't NEED this class, then don't bother." Is now an appropriate time to say "gulp?"
300-level (conversational...aka nothing but speaking) Spanish followed in the afternoon. Wow, am I rusty?!?! Enough of that. But I think that once i devote the much, much, MUCH needed time in brushing up, then I will be just fine.
Histology (or for those biologically challenged...looking at tissues all day) immediately followed. I am so stoked about that class!!! Hey, I'm a bio major. What can I say? And the professor is made of pure awesome.
The day ended with my senior seminar class at 4pm (which goes for 2 hours...drag. However, it is only 2 days a week, so it's not terrible). The topic is globalization and digital media technology...fascinating stuff! Can't wait to get into it more. Bonus: I had the professor waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy back in my very first semester of college, and since he didn't manage to scare me away then, then I'm back again. Or, a "glutton for punishment" as he so put today.
As for now, I just got back from BME (the gospel choir I am a part of), and, I am not joking, EVERY SINGLE CHAIR WAS FILLED WITH NEW PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't you tell that I'm just a little bit excited about that? :)
So, all in all, it's shaping up to be a difficult semester, but God has provided immensely for me since I have been here and I am confident that this semester will be no exception. All things considering that I start my new job tomorrow and I am just ONE SEMESTER away from holding my degree in my hands!!!!!! !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#!@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#@!*I&^%$#@$%^&*( that's me being excited! :D
Thank you for reading. blessings.
Kelly: Well, even though I have a less heavy class load, they're not going to be easy classes to say the least. Nursing for Children and Adults, Psychiatric nursing, Pathophysiology (study of diseases), and Black Music Ensemble, or the gospel choir that I sing in...I'm sure Holly mentioned it, so I don't want to be redundant.
I have only had psychiatric nursing, patho and BME today. Nursing for Children and Adults (you will see me refer to it often as Med/Surg), will not come until Friday. Patho is...big. It's my biggest class; there's over 40 of us. And for a school such as Berea, it's a big class. And it's only 2 days a week from 10-12. Presentations in that class will be....interesting. Each student has to do 3, and the first set is next Wednesday, so after we got done with class there was a massive b-line to the 4 rubrics for the 4 groups who will go next Wednesday. Needless to say my partner and I didn't stand a chance at going, but that's ok.
Psych nursing will be...incredibly difficult. Not physically difficult, but mentally, for me at least. I've never been in a situation where I am exposed to mentally fragile individuals. And my instructor said "prepare to be uncomfortable at times." Please send lots of good thoughts to me and my class of 18; I surmise it will not be easy for us. But my instructor is really funny...super funny actually. For now, that's about all for me; I won't spare the repeat details of BME, except that I am incredibly pumped and looking forward to this year. As a 6th semester member (garsh I'm old), it's the biggest I've ever seen it. And as a Chaplain I hopefully will try *ahem* try to remember everyone's name. Stay tuned for that one. Enjoy reading, our faithful readers. Cheers! And enjoy the funny pic of us at the end.

2 comments:
I miss Berea and I most definitely miss you two. :)
And we most definitely miss you too!!!! :) <3
Post a Comment