Monday, April 9, 2012

22 years young and hoping for 22 more!

Kelly: Each day is a gift from God. That's why it's called the present. Anyway, sis and I celebrated our 22nd birthday today. I don't...feel any older, but I reached a sobering thought while at work this morning. Each year we get older we are hurdling towards our own death. Sure is sad, but it is ever so true. When I woke up this morning, I was just anticipating another typical day of classes, work and the occasional "oh it's your birthday today? Well have a good one."

No, I didn't get any flashy new presents. Or a car (there's always next year for that *wink wink*). I didn't have a birthday cake where I was surrounded by a zillion of my friends singing "Happy Birthday" to me. It was just...another day to be grateful for life! However, I did get sung to by two friends in my morning class and my ENTIRE Med/Surg class. That was awkward. What do you really do or say when you're standing in front of your peers and professor/academic adviser, not to MENTION the division chair who happened to be sitting in during the first part of our class? I just stood there praying "Dear God, just make them stop." Hahaha. I tease. It was quite amusing; let's just say there's a reason we are nursing majors. Last night, I made rice krispy treats to share with my class; they were good. I'm still here!

Yes, there is actually a point to all of this. I just want to close with this. I am just very thankful and happy that I have lived to 22 years. Looking back on all God has brought me through is just astounding. I am happy and praying for 22 more blessed years and many many more!

Holly: 22 is kind of an odd number.  No longer a "legal" adult, way past the teenage hump, close to 30 and even closer to 25 (our brother is turning 25 this year).  Shew. 

Like Kelly, today was just another day for me: class from 8 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon.  I guess that's what happens when you grow up.  Adult obligations don't stop for days like today.  haha.  But today I was reminded just how many people I have that support me and love me.  Between the countless Facebook posts, texts, and passing-by "Happy birthdays", I was...overwhelmed, at best.  This year, my 22nd year, I'm going to try to let those I care about let them know that I care about them too! 

The fact that I'm also graduating from college in 27 days is pretty snazzy too!  And during our field adventure today we almost talked our professor into stopping for ice cream! ^__^

Looking back on where I was this time last year, it's almost sobering to think: my life was about to change...I was preparing to study abroad in another country!!! Now I'm preparing to start my LIFE! Life I've known for the past four years is almost over....anyway...

Whoever is reading this, thank you.  That's all we can really say for now.  :)

No comments: