Sunday, April 1, 2012

Movin' on up...to a deluxe apartment in the SKY-YY-YYYY!!!!!!!

Holly: Ok..."deluxe" might be a bit of an exaggeration! But if you can't figure it out from the title, then I'll just share it now:

Kelly and I have a place to live now!!! w00000t!

It's nothing spectacular...well, ok, again, sort of a lie...the current tenant is a current student who happens to be graduating with yours truly and, in essence, she's leaving us the majority of the furniture and STUFF and the timing could not have been more perfect!!! Anyway....

Nothing spectacular, I mean...it's not huge or anything, but it's perfect for us and it meets our basic needs.  It's clean, it's not far from campus, it's in a pretty quiet spot, it has a (teeny tiny :]) porch, two floors, and, from what we know, a reasonable, nice, not-psycho landlady.  And it will do just fine for our sweet Yoda as well; Yoda is our heartbreakingly sweet, cute, and petite black-and-white feline who currently resides with my Genetics professor in her office with three other kitties, a fish, and a guinea pig.  Post May 6th festivities, though, and she's as good as ours!  Tomorrow, if I can sneak out of my class for a few minutes, I will be calling this (from what we know) reasonable, nice, not-psycho landlady just to sort of introduce ourselves and ask a few more questions.  But yeah...it's a done deal. 

Now if I could just get a job..............

Kelly: Yesterday, sis and I also had the lovely opportunity to help a friend find a roof over her head. She's moving to the big city of Lexington to pursue her Master's in Sociology (dear Lord I hope I didn't butcher that). We all had a blast locating, rating and viewing, minus the sketchy guy and the three-legged dog. Yeah. Super sketch. ANYWAY, it gave us good findings too. In a year from now I will be almost done with my degree and will be most likely seeking employment in the city; hey, it's better money and oodles more opportunities. I will MAKE the 45 minute drive once a week to church!!!!!!

Just looking and seeking got us all excited to be on our own! Having a place to call our own is something we all have longed for just for the sole experience! So yeah! Starting May 4 (hopefully), sis and I will be starting to move some of our stuff in. Our goal is to have all of our stuff in by May 12 since summer classes start on the 14th. Unpacked or not, well that's a different story.

3 comments:

AshCHB said...

Good luck on the job front. My advice is to remember the Berea way and keep in mind that there is pride in all labor. The amazing dream job will come, just find something to pay the bills until then. :-) I'm so excited you guys found a great place! Yay for a real apartment!

Holly said...

And that's why I love you!!!! If I have to make coffee drinks at BC&T temporarily, so be it! I miss you guys! <3

Holly said...

FYI...don't know why the font keeps changing colors. Weird. O_o