Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm Blank Because...

Holly: Found this on a blog of a friend (karenrenia.blogspot.com....check it out!).


I'm weird because:
~I like peanut butter cookies, Reese's cups, and buckeyes, but I don't like peanut butter
~I don't have any full albums on my iPod, only songs
~I swore up and down in college I would never drink coffee, and now I'm borderline addicted
~I can be ready for work in 45 minutes (showered, dressed, breakfast, etc.)...aren't women supposed to be SLOW at that type of stuff? lol
~I prefer to stay in rather than go out

I'm a bad friend because:
~Well...quite frankly, I don't think I'm a bad friend.  But sometimes I would rather text than call.
~I don't know if this makes me a bad friend, but while we're on full disclosure: sometimes if I see someone out in public and I don't feel like striking up a conversation, I avoid said person.

I'm a good friend because:
~I will listen to you
~99% of the time I answer my phone
~I care about you so freaking much that it hurts sometimes
~I am usually the first person to say "I'm sorry"
~I will support you in WHATEVER is going on in your life, even if I don't agree with it.  And I will not judge.  Ever.

I'm sad because:
~distance sucks sometimes.  I miss my mom and dad, and my best friend.  And A LOT of my Berea friends!
~being a college grad means that you don't get to return to a place that changed your life.  Or see said people that changed your life on a daily basis.

I'm happy because:
~I have a GOD who loves me MORE THAN ANYTHING!
~My parents are da bestest.
~I have an amazing job in my field after graduating from college! Not many recent college grads can boast about that.
~I have a JOB!
~My church family has been nothing but a blessing!
~I have a Bachelor's degree from an institution that became a saving grace for me, gave me some of the greatest and closest friends I could have ever asked for, taught me so much, and helped me to become a better person, sister, student, friend, Christian, etc.
~After almost 9 years of insanity, I am still friends with my bff.  We met when she was in 8th grade and I was in 9th.  Distance doesn't always defeat friendships!  It hasn't been easy, but I think we're better friends because of it.
~I live comfortably in a small but quaint apartment.  Yeah, money is tight, but we're surviving.  :)
~My kitties keep me entertained 24/7...and drive me crazy too!
~Um...how much more time do we have? :) lol

I'm excited because:
~Two amazingly awesome people in my life are going to be parents in October!
~New Berea students are arriving in August! As an alum from the outside looking in, I hope that I can provide some mentoring.
~My mommy recently retired, which means I can talk to her more often!
~Tomorrow is Friday! w00000t

Kelly: All right everybody, buckle up!

I'm weird because: 
*I do this thing with my mouth and it freaks Holly out
* I don't like okra, but I like pickles

I'm a bad friend because: 
* Sometimes, when I see a missed call or text, I just...don't answer. This usually happens when I've had a crappy day and I don't feel like talking to anybody.

I'm a good friend because: 
*Well, all my friends say I am. :]
* Due to my future nursing career, I have become an excellent listener. Anytime you need to talk I will provide you with no words and a non-judgmental heart. If that is what you would prefer
* I realize my friends have flaws but that's ok. I have them too. It makes us human.
* I have good friends too.

I'm happy because: 
* My day is done. YAY!!
* God is God and I am not. NUFF SAID
* I have a car that runs and gets me from point A to point B.
* I have a roof over my head and functioning AC. Thank you Jesus because it is HOT today!
* I am alive, living and breathing.
* Most of my family is still around. My grandpa will be 91 in August. :D
* I still talk to my parents on a regular basis. Most of my friends parents are not together anymore. 30 years and counting...
* I am almost done with my summer class and I could NOT be happier!!!!
* My kitties. It is proven having pets makes you a happier person
* I wake up in the morning and know that I have a wonderful Creator who loves me for me even though I screw up 100000% of the time.

I'm sad because: 
* My ankle still hurts after 2+ years. Back to the foot doc tomorrow :/
* Bills are coming up. ALL the bills are due in July. Waaah!!!
* My family and best friend are still in Ohio and I'm here. And I miss them!!!
* Churches turn away people because they don't understand how other churches work.
* People like Westboro Baptist church exist.

I'm excited because: 
* I'm almost DONE WITH SCHOOL!
* Awesome things are happening to so many people in my life. Yay!
* Life is good. Nothing much to it than that.

Keeping my end short. Got to shower and make dinner. :]

No comments: