Friday, June 15, 2012

Quote this!

Kelly: So instead of a potpurri post when we have nothing in particular to talk about, but this time is different. Holly got this idea of sharing some of our favorite quotations. They're funny, inspiring, whatever. We hope you enjoy! (funny ones first)


"I believe sucking smoke into your lungs will kill you.
My physicians say it relaxes the throat. 
They're idiots.
 They've all been knighted. 
Makes it official then." -from The King's Speech

"POCKET SAND!" -inside joke.

"Jungle chicken?" -if you have to ask...

"Sometimes...your laundry has to smell like pickles." -my friend Ashley

"Models always look really mad." -my friend Sean
"Yeah probably because they're hungry." -Holly.


(Now for the inspiring ones...)

"Be generous. With your time, with your love. With your life." -Dr. Mark Greene from ER (episode On The Beach)

"Remember that you have time to figure out what you want to do. Who you need to be. Where you want to go. You have time to fail. You have time to mess up. You have time to try again. And when you mess that up, you still have time. Just so long as you're willing to work hard." -Adam Savage from the Sarah Lawerence commencement address to the class of 2012

"I can't carry it for you. But I can carry you." -Sam to Frodo from Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King.

Holly:


“Do it again, I don’t believe you.” –our BME director Dr. Bullock after the choir does something awesome

“This is why we can’t have nice things.” –everyone

“Trees have SEX?!” –me (not as bad as it sounds…feel free to ask me about it)

“Well, of course you’re alone!  You’re alone because you killed your boyfriend!” –Niles Crane, “Frasier”

“Don’t drink and drive.” –me, to Kelly, while enjoying milkshakes

(Be inspired...)

"All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage.  Just 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery, and I promise you, something great will come of it." -I have no idea where this is from, but I read it recently...awesome!

“I’ve got my heart set on what happens next.  I got my eyes, it’s not over yet.  We are miracles, and we’re not alone.” –Switchfoot, “This is Home”

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I think maybe it's both.  Maybe both is happening at the same time." -Forrest Gump

Last one...yes, another Lord of the Rings (we just got hooked...what can we say?)

"Frodo: I can’t do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for."


No comments: