Sunday, June 24, 2012

Potpurri post #4

Kelly: For starters I have posted a picture of Yoda. She is smiling at you. Say hello back. Actually in all honesty the cat is probably plotting my demise. Today I'm going to talk about a lot of things, mostly about church. This morning when I woke up I really did not feel like going. If you know me this is a rarity because I  love going to church. But I was hurting and I knew I'd have to wear my new brace I got. I knew I'd get 600000 people coming up to me saying "what's wrong what's wrong" and to be honest I really didn't feel like dealing with that. Again. Just what I need is more attention on myself. But of course, I bit the bullet and just decided to go. I was always told if you don't feel like it, then just fake it. And of course, after only about  2.5 seconds of faking it I was into it.

The message at church today was titled "Remember the Light." This one today was probably one of my favorite sermons. I need to start keeping a list; I've got about 3-5 just blown out of the park sermons that I need to remember. This one was another one. I have had a pretty crappy end of the week. Long story short, I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon sometime this upcoming week, probably Wednesday or Thursday. All weekend I have been thinking about what I need to do since this is now becoming a very real option. Finding another job, taking time off, and being prepared to be dependent on others. Which...is really hard for me to do because I'm the complete opposite. Ok, enough commercial break but anyway my pastor was telling a story about "being in the dark." And after the story was told, I suddenly remembered how I got to Berea. My dad didn't have a job, so naturally my sister and I made the financial cut. A year later he did get a job. Needless to say if we were to apply this year or any other year we probably would not get in anymore. And we would have missed this. ALL of this. All the blessings and people that I have grown to love and care for. And those who have had to put up with me. Once I started thinking about that I thought of those who have carried Holly and I through everything. It's a long list. But wow. Sometimes I really forget how blessed I am. Sometimes I really forget how awesome God is. I'll close with this: When you are in the dark, remember what you learned in the light. 


Holly: So...I really don't have much to say.  Which is a rarity for me too.  I have to agree with my sis on the church thing.  Normally I enjoy all the sermons, but these past few have just been over the top...wow!

During church today, in the back row I saw a familiar face.  It was one of my best friends from Berea, Tim.  He came through Berea during the week and met up with Kelly; apparently she knew he was coming to church and they didn't tell me about it! Losers.  Naah, just messing.  Anyway, it was a very nice surprise.  We had lunch and he filled us in about Ichthus (which, if you don't know what it is, I highly suggest you read up...an AMAZING God-filled weekend of rock out loud music, people loving on each other, and thought-provoking and challenging speakers!).  Very sad that we missed out, but we will be making it up there next year!  fo sho!

Something that I'm hopefully going to be starting soon in this blog is little posts called "Jesus and ER".  It's when I take an episode of ER and apply scripture and Christian themes to it, sort of to bring me closer to my faith.  I did it a couple times while in college and it really blew me away at how God can take something that I enjoy so much and have me thinking about how it ties in with things that are taught in scripture.  So be keeping an eye out for that, pretty excited!

Anyway, Wiley is lying on top of "The Hobbit"...which I need to keep reading.  Still on chapter 6.  Also, enjoy this video of Smokey, a kitty that purrs really loud.  :)


Be blessed! :)

Smokey the loud purring kitty

No comments: