Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Birthday blog!

Kelly: So here we are! Today is the 1 year anniversary of The H and K Chronicles!!!!!! *insert cheesy applauses here* It's hard to believe that this tiny tiny idea has blown up into THIS! Doesn't already help that I am beyond excited and happy already today! I still remember the conversations Holly and I had before starting this blog. We jotted down some ideas, were thinking of titles and all sorts of things. Didn't really know what was going to happen once we started; sis and I were never the greatest at keeping diaries or anything like that. Too many things would happen and it'd be months and months before it would be picked up again. But hey...this blog hasn't done too bad.

Looking back now, I had no idea we would still have this. I was worried that we would run out of things to write about, but our ideas have increased ten fold. I enjoy the time that Holly and I devote to this blog; it gives us a chance to relay our thoughts to not only each other but to all of you who read this. Then I think about how much I have changed since a year has gone by. I know it's incredibly cliche and somewhat corny, but gosh. I have grown so much as a person, a Christian, and a fan. My interests have changed and the way I see life has changed. I've had so many struggles but way more joys and happy moments. I've made better life choices that have already started to reap positive results. I've grown to love things I never thought I would love (ahem Lord of the Rings and Sherlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). But yeah. We've made it! This blog has made it to one year. It's just...really awesome for a lack of a better word. It's still kind of strange to me; the idea of this blog. When we first started it, I just gave it to God and it has blown up and grown up. Yeah it isn't splashed all over the internet. Yeah thousands of people don't read it every day. But it's ours. It's mine and Holly's piece of the internet world and I hope that those who have read this or just skimmed it find something they love. Something they can relate to. Something they can appreciate. Something that touches them or makes them laugh. So this is also not for us but for all of you. THANK YOU for sticking it out with us, because without all of you who read this we wouldn't have gotten anywhere with it. Cheers for one year of blogging and hopefully there will be many more years of blogging to follow!

Holly: It's kind of hard to believe that one year of this silly little thing has already passed! So much has happened in a year, now that I look back on it.  I mean, a year ago today, I was still in school, preparing to start my senior year, I lived in a shoebox with a crazy person (sorry Amanda, I still love you!!), I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, I had never seen/really heard of Lord of the Rings or Sherlock.  In between that time I did some more growing up, reeled from an AMAZING summer in England, met two of my comedic idols (ahem, hi Colin and Brad *waves*), roared through my last semester of college, said "see you later" to some pretty amazing Biology people, graduated, moved out of my folks' house, moved into my first apartment, got my Bachelor's degree, learned how the unemployed feel, got introduced to Lord of the Rings and Sherlock (though not at the same time) and was HOOKED,  got to know some really old and sweet Beagles, spent some more time with two pretty awesome friends who live nearby (now that we have a car!!!!!), learned a few lessons in customer service, and.....

Now I'm here.   And there were many others in between.

It's hard to say where I'll be in another year from now.  My life is not anything close to where I  imagined it would be, and yet I've never been happier.  I'm relishing in this time now, where I'm just working and putting myself out there, praying that something better (and maybe a little closer to home) will come along.  But in the meantime I will gladly continue to drive 90 mins each day and dance with the sweet old Beagles in the hallway.

Like Kelly, I also didn't know where this blog would end up, and to be honest, I'm amazed it's been a year.  This is the longest we've been able to keep up with.....well, anything, really.  We just get so busy sometimes. But we stuck it out and I'm glad we did.  I love looking back over what God's brought us through, where life has taken us, and I look forward to reading these entries again 20+ years down the road.  I wanted to close by thanking all of those who take the few minutes every time we update to read over these entries.  You are the reason we do what we do, and most of the time, you readers inspire us.  So thank you.  Here's to another year of chronicling! :)


One year ago: right after we published our first blog post! :)

One year later.  Taken about 10 minutes ago.  Cheers! :)

No comments: