Holly and Kelly: So, just in case any of you live under a rock, we are twins. Duh. Blatantly obvious. But over the years, during our numerous encounters with various people and situations, we have been asked a plethora of ridiculous, humorous, silly, stupid, and just flat out "what the heck" questions. Here are some of them (by the way, the parentheses after the questions are our mental responses, i.e. we would never say them aloud):
"Are y'all TWINS???" *short pause while we process, then say yes* "Are y'all related?"
(um...if we just said we're twins, then...we're....probably........related.....MMM, we'll give you a minute to think about it...)
"Are y'all sisters?"
"Do y'all ever fight?" (No, it's just puppies and rainbows all OF COURSE WE DO. We're so freakishly alike it's scary; of course our opinions will clash.)
"Do you have the same birthday?" (Not even joking. Although there are twins that don't..i.e. one born at 11:59 and one at like 12:01, etc...but no. We do not)
"Do you all like the same stuff?" (For the most part, yes...but we do have different tastes. For some reason that question just irritates us. Sorry)
"So if I poke your sister in the arm, will you feel it?" (No. Next question)
"Does that whole sister ESP thing work? Like, do you know what she's thinking, or feeling?" (Again...no.)
"Have ya'll ever switched places before?" (What are we, cruel? People have a hard enough time telling us apart sometimes. I'd rather not add to the torture)
"Are ya'll the same?" (Same DNA. COMPLETELY different people. Though we are both extroverts, Kelly tends to be more extroverted and expressive with emotions. Holly is more reserved. Not a bad thing. NEXT).
"Do you all ever run out of things to talk about?" (This is actually a good question. And no we don't.)
"Do ya'll share clothes?" (Hmm....again, let me give you all a minute. You have an instant double wardrobe. OF COURSE we share clothes!)
"Do you like being a twin?" (Gee....)
"I think I would hate being a twin." (You would be quite surprised. It's like any relationship; both parties have to work at it and be willing to make the commitments necessary to keep it steady and strong)
And the best one for last...
"How can I tell you apart from your sister?" No parentheses for this. This is what I say. Holly ALWAYS wears her hair up and I don't. That's the easiest way for someone who is at first getting to know us to tell us apart. When you get to know us a little bit more, our family and friends have different ways of telling us apart. To close, we both LOVE being a twin and wouldn't have it any other way! :]
No comments:
Post a Comment