Holly: Dryer just finished.......hurrah, my life is so exciting! lol.
I've started on a bit of a painting expedition; I'm working on a hobbit hole. For those of you that are Facebook friends with me, I will keep posting pictures of my progress, but for those of you that aren't, I will post a picture of the finished result. I'm quite enjoying it...I used to have an artistic side when I was younger but it sort of went dormant after high school/into college. Kind of nice to rekindle lost arts; sorry for the pun!
We just spent the weekend with some friends; a few we hadn't seen in over a year. It was nice to get back together and laugh and be stupid, just like old times. Since I'm not working every day and the last few of my Berea friends are graduating in May I'm going to do my best to be a campus frequenter and just hang out with some good people. Good coffee is optional. Speaking of working, yes, I am still at Old Navy. My three month review is coming up soon, hopefully I will be getting more hours. In previous posts I mentioned quitting, but it's amazing how God takes your situations and changes them for the better. While I am still looking for more full time work (and honestly, I hate to play this card, but something that pays a little bit better), I fully intend upon staying at Old Navy for as long as possible, even if it's just working on weekends. The people are SO wonderful and the atmosphere is fun and energetic. So if any of you wayward travelers happen to stumble in the Hamburg Pavilion area in Lexington, swing by...I'm usually in the back in the fitting room. ;)
Life is just really really swell right now. I'm optimistic about the future and some kind of big changes that are coming, but yeah...just learning to trust God, make the most of what's given to us, and just relaxing and enjoying each day that we're given. I guess I should go make the bed. I'm slowly turning into an almost 23-year-old housewife.
Kelly: I'm sitting at work right now, trying to get together music for the nursing pinning ceremony. I heard a consensus about a few things and then it was just ;ewrgkjads;lgkjaeoriu49p38q759348utaj;ogklj;ldsfkjga;gj;s;dlfkja;slkdfja;slkdjfas;ldkfj. Hurrah for clarification emails!
Anyway, so that's been fun. It's these little things that are reminding me that I am almost done with this college thing! It's fun, it's sad, it's scary, but it's exciting overall! Tomorrow we're going to order our pinning ceremony scrubs!! Clinicals have been rather tiring; I'm halfway done on Thursday and I get my wonderful midterm evaluation. I've learned a lot, come home with some wet shoes, met some awesome people, and learned things about myself that I never thought I knew. So yeah. Wish me luck! And we're in the process of moving in May! More space and awesome people. You know, despite the somewhat craziness going on, I really can't complain. I can't. God has been really good to me. Sure there have been quite a few bumps down this road, but I can see the light at the end of this tunnel! He has gotten me this far and He'll carry me until the end! It's close; it's really close! Ok, enough about that. So much else to look forward to soon! That's all I have for now. Cheers all
Updated 2/19/13: As promised by Holly, the finished Hobbit hole! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment