Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy (belated) birthday blog!!!!

Holly: Ladies and germs, we are totally stoked to announce that yesterday (August 20th...we're a day late, ya know.  Jobs and stuff) was the 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE LAUNCH OF THIS BLOG!!!!!!!! :D *insert cheesy applause*

It still amazes me that it's still going strong.  We recently launched it on Facebook and, personally, I love sharing our posts there.  Facebook is a great platform.  But once again, we're not concerned about how many followers we have, how many comments we get- we just love writing and sharing life with people.  So if you like what you read, great.  If you want to leave a comment, great.  If not, we're going to keep writing, even if we just keep writing into nothingness.  

Life has changed for me so much in just the past month alone that I simply am beyond eager to see where this time next year will bring me.  I thank God every day for what I have.  I dearly appreciate all of you who do follow along with us on this crazy journey called life.  So keep having your coffee dates, keep seeking the joy in your life, keep praying, keep having faith, keep laughing, smiling, breathing, living! :)

Kelly: In 2 year's time, we both have graduated from college, moved twice, met Colin and Brad, got into Lord of the Rings and Sherlock, went through 3 roommates, adopted two cats, lost a friend (not by death but by other choices), lost our Grandpa, had a slew of jobs and downfalls and now have landed full-time (well...sort of for me) jobs and a lot of goodies in between.

WOW!!!!

It's surreal and amazing at how fast the time goes. Really. It's incredible! Like Holly said, we've done this for the last two years not to get "fans" or likes, to gain readers as fast as we can or ask for a slew of comments and shares. No. We do this for us and all of you! It has been our goal for us to discuss a topic so that someone out there can read it and say "yes! I've been there" or "well, not exactly, but this is what I think about it." The comments, views, shares and likes don't matter to us at all! I must say, it has been a blast looking back what has gone on in our lives the past 2 years. The growths, challenges and developments we have gained has been nothing other. We are humbled and blessed that there are many of you going on this journey with us! Thank you all so much for ANOTHER year! Here's to two more and many to come!


August 2011: Taken shortly after publishing our very first post.


August 2012: Taken one year exactly after the publication of our very first post.

August 2013: Taken 2 years and one day exactly after publication of first post.  We look sleepy :]

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay!!! Good for you guys, way to keep it going and I do enjoy your posts.

Kelly said...

Thanks for commenting, Catherine! Glad you enjoy reading, and we LOVE reading yours too! :)