Saturday, December 6, 2014

Excerpts from H and K's cookbook

Holly: Ok, let's just be honest here...they're mostly from Pinterest :)

In the spirit of holiday gorging ourselves, we thought it would be fun if we shared a few of our recipes that win us over every time! We hope you try some, and if you do, we hope you love them all as much as we do!

1. Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake

Kelly doesn't even LIKE chocolate cake, but she'll devour this one!  The secret: Coke! :) Added with cinnamon, milk, and cocoa powder, it makes for a surprisingly light cake.  I've never frosted it- it's perfect as is.  I may try it with Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero in the future.

Recipe here: http://mayflaum.com/2011/06/08/the-chocolate-cola-cake/

2. Pumpkin Muffins

You guys, these are the EASIEST muffins you will ever make.  2 ingredients, less than 30 minutes.  These muffins are SO moist!  I've made them with yellow cake, as the recipe calls for, but they're excellent with spice cake as well.  Bonus: They are WW friendly :)

Recipe here: http://sweet-verbena.blogspot.com/2011/08/pumpkin-muffins.html

3. Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice

One of our go-to recipes.  Easy to put together and it makes a TON.  Great heated up the next day (and beyond!).

Recipe here: http://www.southernplate.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-cheesy-chicken-and-rice-the-downside-of-being-a-swan-princess.html

Kelly: 

1. The first recipe I am going to share I actually don't have a link for, but it's one of my favorites and it's so super easy! It's called my healthy chicken nuggets (I don't even remember where I found the recipe) But it's simple; grab 3-4 chicken breasts, thawed, and cut them up into bite-sized pieces. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. While the oven's preheating, mix together Parmesan cheese, olive oil, a tad bit of water, salt and pepper and bread crumbs in a bowl. Take the cut-up chicken pieces and swirl them around in the mixture listed above and place the chicken pieces on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes and voila! Nothing to it.

2. I make a MEAN wedding soup! Delicious and again, quite easy. Instead of ground beef though I use ground turkey. It makes a good bit too.

Recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/italian-wedding-soup-i/

3. The last one also doesn't have a link, but we got it from Pinterest. Though it isn't the healthiest of recipes, it sure is tasty! We call it our chicken and veggie of awesome, or CVA for short, NOT to be confused with the proper medical term for a stroke. Haha!!! Here it is: 3-4 chicken breasts, chopped up potatoes, any green vegetable (we've done green beans, brussel sprouts and broccoli), all together in a 9x13 baking dish, one stick of butter melted all over that, and packet of italian seasoning.  Cover and bake for one hour at 350 degrees. Delicious!!!!

So there you have it. Any recipes you have that you would like to share with us? Let us know!

No comments: