Sunday, November 30, 2014

The power of 4

Just a fun little thing we've seen amongst some of our blogger friends.  Everything you ever wanted to know about us but were too afraid to ask.  Enjoy :)

Kelly: 

4 names that people call me other than my real name.
Opal, Kellz, Nurse or "Hey You!" 

4 jobs that I've had.
Campus tour guide, Facilities assistant (AKA Janitor), Hospital administration office lackey and creative writing and research center office lackey (while in college) 

4 movies that I have watched more than once
Pretty much everything in my DVD shelf, but I will name a few. Monty Python, Iron Man, The Holiday, The Bucket List, Up, A Christmas Story...that's just a few. 

4 places I've lived
Stirling, Scotland. Athens, Ohio and Berea, Kentucky. Wait...I've only lived in 3 places.

4 places I've been
New Orleans, Louisiana (it's beautiful there), Edinburgh, Scotland. Nicaragua (all over) and New Mexico. It's hot and dry there. 

4 places I would rather be right now
In my BED, the beach, somewhere warm in general or at my parent's house snuggled up on the couch 

4 things I won't eat
Okra, Greek yogurt from Walmart (that crap is NASTY), tofu and french onion soup. And sweet potatoes 

4 of my favorite foods
chocolate anything (except cake), sushi, pasta and cookie dough ice cream 

4 TV shows that I watch
I only watch a few shows regularly, but currently on my queue is The Big Bang Theory, Sherlock, Doctor Who and Numb3rs

4 things I am looking forward to this year
Since 2014 is almost over, I will say things I'm looking forward to in 2015; turning 25, perhaps taking a mini vacation, summer wedding, Colin and Brad again, and Tim Hawkins again! 

4 things I am always saying
Can I go home? (So and so) is going through it.  Am I in trouble? And of course OH CRAP. 

Holly: 

4 names people call me other than my real name:
1. H-bomb.  From my dad
2. H.  Also from my dad
3. Hols. Good friend from home calls me that sometimes
4. Harry.  New thing at work.  Only happens once or twice.  Don't ask :)

4 jobs that I've had:
1. Lab tech.  Basically I got paid to play with beagles.  It was awesome.
2. Jill-of-all-trades at Old Navy.  I folded a lot of cardigans.
3. Lab coordinator with UK Biology.  Insanity at its finest.  Worked with some great people though and had a great time.
4. AmeriCorps VISTA: what I do now.  I love every minute of it! :)

4 movies I've watched more than once:
*This is REALLY hard, because I love so many movies*
1. The King's Speech.  One of my favorites.
2. Maze- an independent movie about an artist with Tourette's who falls in love with his best friend.  A really beautiful story.  And it's funny!  Also one of my favorites, even though I discovered it just last month.
3. Titanic.  Lost count at how many times I've seen it.
4. Big Hero 6.  I've seen it twice in theaters and it will definitely be added to our DVD collection!!

4 places I've lived:
1. Surbiton, United Kingdom (small borough 20ish minutes outside of London)
2. Athens/Guysville, Ohio- spent my whole life there but left to attend college
3. Berea, Kentucky- my new home :)
4. Sadly, I have only lived in these 3 places.

4 places I've been:
1. Oxford, United Kingdom
2. London, United Kingdom
3. Managua, Nicaragua
4. New York City

4 places I'd rather be right now:
1. In bed.  I'm dragging today, and am about to go get some more coffee, so maybe that'll help
2. London, Trafalgar Square, people watching
3. At the beach with my family
4. In the TARDIS with the Doctor.  That'd be a riot.

4 things I won't eat:
1. Peanut butter.  But I love Reese Cups, buckeyes, peanut butter cookies, etc.
2. Acorn squash.  Texture thing.  Butternut squash is ok though.
3. Tofu.  More like no-fu.
4. Black coffee (Yes, I know  you can't eat coffee, but it's its own food group for me).  It has to have something in it.  Otherwise I just don't have coffee, and that makes me sad.

4 of my favorite foods:
1. Sushi. Koto's in Richmond is so far my favorite place.
2. Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia
3. Oatmeal raisin cookies (Are you sensing a trend here?)
4. Pasta or noodles of any kind, really: Spaghetti, pad thai, fettucine alfredo, you name it, I'll eat it.

4 TV shows I watch:
1. Doctor Who
2. NUMB3RS
3. Sherlock
4. A four-way tie between Frasier, Broadchurch, and Big Bang Theory

4 things I'm looking forward to (half in 2014, since it's almost over, half in 2015):
1. First 2014 thing: ALEP 3.14 in a couple of weeks!
2. Second 2014 thing: Last Hobbit movie and a bunch of Christmas-related activities
3. First 2015 thing: Hitting the big two-five.  Aka a potential quarter-life crisis. Kidding!
4. Second 2015 thing: Being in my first wedding! :)

4 things I am always saying:
1. Get out.
2. It wasn't me.
3. Lord have mercy!
4. Dingus (a made-up term used to describe a foolish person, usually myself)

No comments: