Thursday, March 5, 2015

Prayer for Casting Crowns

Holly: I'm writing on behalf of Kelly and I, because she is currently waiting out Snowpocalypse 2.0 up in Lexington, and I'm at home for snow day #3.  

My heart is a little bit heavy today.  I read on my Facebook and Twitter feeds this morning that the lead singer of one of our favorite bands, Casting Crowns, has been diagnosed with cancer. You can read the full story on their Facebook page.  

Kelly and I have been fans of their music for a long time.  Even before we rededicated our lives to Christ six years ago, I can still remember listening to them in high school.  When we were in youth group we saw them at ICHTHUS and I just remember feeling God's presence so strongly and thinking how anointed they were! We were also very fortunate to be able to see them in Lexington last February.  I'm pretty astounded that the story didn't end up on here, but again, God's presence was so strong there.  Honestly in my top five concerts I've ever attended!  I was moved to tears by "Who Am I" (Which, trust me, doesn't happen often).  Y'all...their music is something else.  If you have not listened to them, please do yourself a favor, and please join Kelly and I in praying for Mark.  He is able!  

I'll praise You in this storm
I will lift my hands

You are who You are, no matter where I am
Every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hands
You've never left my side, and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from?
My helps comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. 


From last year.  Thrive.

No comments: