Kelly: And Martin Freeman is not Bilbo Baggins.
Benedict Cumberbatch is not Sherlock Holmes.
Also...Benedict Cumberbatch is off the market and happily married....LADIES.
Get over it!
It had to be said. It just had to. One of my biggest pet peeves is the way some people post things about actors/actresses and they don't even use their real names. Case and point the above of this post. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but in a way it seems disrespectful to me when people do that. Today in church our pastor was talking about the fact that our self-worth is not measured up by how useful we are. So what would happen if Emma Watson never took on the role of Hermione Granger? Would people even recognize her or pass her a second thought? It's uncertain of me to say, but I hope it makes you think. Jesus loves us all so much and thinks that we are priceless; so priceless that He died for us! It doesn't matter if we're famous or just the other every day Average Joe. God doesn't see me as the psych nurse, or Holly as the non-profit worker, or Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug the Dragon. No! He sees each and every one of us as His precious children whom He loves very much and created in His own image.
And I've been guilty of it too; following what the fans say when things pop up on the Internet. But lately I've been known to bite my tongue and remember "ok, they're regular people like us before they're actors." But even above THAT they're children of Christ. We all are. So how about we start showing some respect for everyone in who we really are in Him and not who we are or were in the past. I'm not going to be a psych nurse forever. Holly isn't going to be a VISTA forever. The Harry Potter movie franchise is done, but not forgotten. Try to take the time to see each other as God sees us.
Holly: It's no surprise that Kelly and I are die-hard fans of for KING & COUNTRY (If you've been following us for a while and you haven't managed to listen to them yet, please do yourselves a favor!). One of the many reasons we're fans of them is because of what they stand up for. They have a "campaign", if you will; Respect & Honor. Today during church I was reminded of why I wear my Respect & Honor wristband every day, and the sermon and above thoughts from both Kelly and I really drove the point home for me. In fact, I held it in my hands during the invitation as a reminder. And it goes something like this: I love God. God loves me, and everyone else. Therefore we ought to remember our worth the way God sees it, and that is that we are PRICELESS to Him! We were all created in His image, made to be like Him. Think about that for a second. If we all adopted that mindset, every single person in the world viewing every other person in the world through God's eyes, it could literally change the world!
Kelly and I are also regular Pinteresters, and we have a board for Sherlock, and naturally, since it's a popular show we've drawn a lot of followers. But some of the comments I see with accompanying pictures are, quite frankly, disgusting sometimes. I'll admit that I find both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman attractive. But when we look at them through God's eyes...they are so much more than pretty faces. So let me add a finale to this:
Emma Watson is not Hermione Granger.
Martin Freeman is not Bilbo Baggins.
Benedict Cumberbatch is not Sherlock Holmes.
They are ALL children of God. And so are we!
2 comments:
"We are the saints. We are the children. We've been redeemed.
We've been forgiven. We are the sons and daughters of our God."
So much truth in what you said. And so much more to come as this could be looked in on so many perspectives!
Thanks for the insight!
And as always, thank you for your wisdom beyond your years, good friend! We should hang out soon! :)
Post a Comment