Ok, waaayyyy off topic (we'll probably do another blog about our church later, so stay tuned), but, despite our choir being at the park on the hottest day on record, I think we did pretty good. I even think we ended up on some random people's cell phone videos! XD
After we sang, we literally had like SIX HOURS to kill at the park. Our shenanigans included riding about 80% of the kiddie rides (that is not an exaggeration, either), riding White Water Canyon (twice!), riding an assortment of our favorite fair rides, including the Scrambler, and ending the day with the Backlot Stunt Coaster (my and Kelly's personal favorite). It was, quite possibly, the singlehandedly most fun thing that I have done in a while! Exactly what I needed to start off my second to last semester of my undergraduate career! :]
| Kelly and my wonderful roommate, Amanda! We had just gotten off WWC and we were looking like a hot mess! |
| I'm a bit too excited about the Stunt Coaster! |
| We're a pretty rad bunch! (L-R: me, Karen, Kelly, Jen, and Amanda in the front with her Dippin' Dots) |
Kelly: Shew! Incredibly thankful for Holly's overzealous roommate and her fair skinness and constant re-application of sunscreen. Man, it was incredibly brutal when we had to get up and sing. Hey, I'd like to see you all sing in front of people, in the 90-degree blazing sun, in dark shirts and dark jeans. We were singing our closing song titled "Freedom," and at the end everyone was clapping. I was clapping too because we were finished and we could get out of the sun!!! Hahaha...I tease. Our performance was very wonderful, if I do say so myself. People were stopping us throughout the day and asking what we were and what we were doing. It was also very rewarding and uplifting for me as well. Earlier this week, I mentioned a test that I needed to pass, and well, if you read "Victory!!!!" (the previous post), you'll see it. Just read it. Anyway, it was kind of a celebration of a job well done for me, just personally.
Now we're done and still reeling from the soreness and exhaustion from it all. Seriously, I LOVE going to church, but Bedside Baptist sounded like a great idea this morning. I was so sore and my voice was just about done...took a couple hacks before I could hear myself talk. And now I'm still sore. Anywhos, now the week is about to begin and it's going to be CRAZY. But we will both be totally fine, because God is good, can I get an amen? That's it for now. Cheers!
2 comments:
Haha, love the term "Bedside Baptist." ^_^
Why thank you dear. I don't know where I heard that...but it greatly amused me :D
Post a Comment