![]() |
| Old picture from last year. Love it because it fits today's theme :] |
Kelly: "But the hard times will come. And we'll keep moving on. We're moving up.
Life, hope, trust, faith, pride, love lust, Keep moving on.
Laugh, cry, live, die.
Make the best with what you're given. This ain't dyin; this is livin." -Good Charlotte, "Moving On."
I serve a mighty God! I really do. Everyday of my life I do not deserve His love, mercy and grace. Earlier this week, I think in the previous blog post, I mentioned a big test that I HAD to pass in order to continue on with my nursing education. I won't go into the gorry details, because you can just read the previous post in order to know what the criteria and stipulations were. Took it the first time on Monday, missed 6. Took it the second time on Wednesday, missed 4.
This brought me to last night. I went to bed at 11:30, but didn't fall asleep till about an hour later. I sat awake, thinking and praying about the future, because I honestly did not know what I was going to do. After listening to Michael W. Smiths "This is Your Time" and saying a final prayer, I finally went to sleep. The pressure was on; I even had a conversation with Holly earlier and was trying to talk myself out of everything. I had made plans and done research on other alternatives for a new major. Got up this morning and had a lonnnnnng conversation with God again. I asked Him to remove my fears, doubts, worries, insecurities and all the bad thoughts, because all that can be left are good and positive ones. I sat down with the test in front of me and just said to myself "I know what I'm doing. I am capable."
Give or take 45 minutes later, and I finished. Pacing and pacing, found a friend of mine, gave her a hug, hopped around a bit, then..."Kelly." Then, "you missed 3. Fix one, and you'll pass." CRAP!!!!!!! Sitting back down in the chair, I furiously searched for the 3 I missed. Luckily, they were the easier questions, which means i DO know what I'm doing. The question: "Toparol given 150 mg ER daily." Hmmm...I thought...ER can mean two things. Enteric Route, which was what I had, but what else could it mean? What else does it mean? Think, dummy think. Then...EXTENDED RELEASE. I wrote it in all caps and turned it back in. And that was it. I was gone, realizing after I left the building I left my cup of coffee on the table. Oops.
Ran, well, walked rapidly to the Science Building, met up with Holly and her roomie, danced in the hallway, ran outside, danced outside, turned a cartwheel on the Fairchild lawn, hopped around some more. Holly's roomie bought me a soda from Berea Coffee and Tea (BC&T for the new readers that may come along). So it's official; I am competent in Nursing math and am MOVING ON with the program! Granted I still have to turn in my extension to stay longer and finish such degree, but I can do this! I CAN DO IT.
"What a mighty God we serve.
What a mighty God we serve.
Angels bow before Him
Heaven and Earth adore Him
What a mighty God we serve."
Holly: Don't have much to contribute to this, except I will elaborate on the celabratory happy dance that partook after my class this morning. It definitely turned some heads!!!! XD
But, nevertheless, a major obstacle has been conquered in the Korb realm and life is resuming on a happy scale for today! God is good, better than we can comprehend! I hope that some of you readers can get a taste of the indescribable joy that we feel! :)
blessings!

3 comments:
Wow I am inspired. Congrats on the test. Faith is a wonderful thing.
Yes Deb. Faith IS a wonderful thing! :]
Yay! :) Knew you could do it. ^_^
Post a Comment