Funny factoid/story that happened today, I was checking my Yahoo! email as I typically do. I was deleting the usual facebook group posts or something like that and then I received this one email that for some reason I could just not ignore. The subject was "Chase bank doesn't like you." Chuckling, I opened it. Below is the first paragraph of such email, verbatim:
"Aaron Collette came off a plane from Iraq and into his "safe zone” -- his father's home in Oregon that you saved from imminent foreclosure by Chase bank while Aaron is home on leave.
Aaron and his dad Tim recorded a video to thank you and 122,000 Change.org members for saving their home while Aaron is on leave from Iraq."
Uh...excuse me?! Either my email has been spammed to kingdom come or someone is playing a joke on me. Though this is an incredibly awesome story, I was NO WAY involved with saving this family's home from "imminent foreclosure." And I'm still not sure why Chase bank doesn't like me....but we'll see. Suggestions on what I should do with this email would greatly be appreciated. That's all to report for now. Cheers!
The blog's title actually came from a previous Facebook status of mine from earlier today. I arrived to work this morning just before 9 and my professor boss asked me where the clickers are. (Ok, I know that y'all have NO IDEA what I'm talking about, so just bear with it). My mind panicked because I could have absolutely sworn that I had left them out from the previous lab; in fact, I know I did!!!! All the while I swore up and down that I am NOT crazy! So my professor left to do another sweep of all the labs and prep rooms when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I mentioned my inquiry to my fellow TA, and to my horror/shock/hilarity, I realized that it was a clicker. In fact, ALL of the clickers were situated perfectly in the middle of each and every table. Needless to say, we all got a good laugh. I think that during clean up I asked myself, Ugh, can it just be the weekend already???
This afternoon I also got to hear a talk from an MD who is chair of the...well, I don't remember what...department at UK (University of Kentucky, for our out-of-territory readers). But this guy was freakinnnnggggg brilliant!! He has a bajillion patents on an artificial lung/other heart-lung related mechanisms and hasn't received a penny from hardly any of them! And this all started when he investigated the not-so-hidden dangers of ventilators! Ventilators!!! Who would have thunk it? Apparently, over time, ventilators do more harm than good. But yeah, definitely left the talk having learned something. And not only was he freakinnnnnnnngggggg brilliant, but he could rip on the harmonica like no other!!! I was just like, play dat harmonica, genius lung man!
This afternoon I also got to hear a talk from an MD who is chair of the...well, I don't remember what...department at UK (University of Kentucky, for our out-of-territory readers). But this guy was freakinnnnggggg brilliant!! He has a bajillion patents on an artificial lung/other heart-lung related mechanisms and hasn't received a penny from hardly any of them! And this all started when he investigated the not-so-hidden dangers of ventilators! Ventilators!!! Who would have thunk it? Apparently, over time, ventilators do more harm than good. But yeah, definitely left the talk having learned something. And not only was he freakinnnnnnnngggggg brilliant, but he could rip on the harmonica like no other!!! I was just like, play dat harmonica, genius lung man!
In other news, I got another 85 on my online high stress-inducing biochemistry quiz (sha-zam!), and I can now see clearly on my side of the dorm again. Yes, our light has been burned out since we moved in but now all is well, bright, and clear in 202 once again! :) And kettle corn is awwweeeessssoooommmmeeee!!!
Tomorrow is Friday (hooray!). Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and is looking forward to the great things to come! :)
blessings!!! <3
Tomorrow is Friday (hooray!). Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and is looking forward to the great things to come! :)
blessings!!! <3
3 comments:
Hey girls!! You mentioned starting this joint blog while I was out of town, and then I forgot to check it out (in all the craziness that ensued since). Awesome!! Love the pic -- toooo cute. And glad you have shenanigans following you to entertain you (and us). Love the Chase Bank email and the Harmonica guy :)
xo Barbara
Glad you love it! Stay tuned for more updates :D
Thanks for following!!! :)
Post a Comment