SUMMER LYMPICS!
Yep...from London this year (tears!!!!!! considering I was there this time last year...). Anyway. Enough of that. The three of us (and two very uninterested felines) from humble Apartment #1 are pouring over the diving men's finals right now. Wow! Such poise. And they're SO together! It's practically perfection, flawless. How do they do that? And two guys from Mexico just did a 4 1/2 inverted somersault...so much spinning...perfect spinning! Crazy! Perfect! But we always cringe when they jump off because they're so close to the board and I don't want to see lovely toned divers go splat! We watched the Opening Ceremony when it came on, but I'm sad to report that we missed James Bond/the Queen parachute in. But we did catch the bajillion-foot Voldemort and the crazy era music dancing montage. And the doctors and nurses. A bit odd, but still well done if I do say so myself. Hopefully this evening on the beach volleyball front, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh will pull another win....man, that stuff is just as exciting as Sherlock!
Now, onto the second big piece of news that's sweeping the nation...literally! I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit series. If you're not, I suggest you claw yourself out of that rock you're hiding under and remedy that as soon as possible. Seriously, I have just recently seen the light and I have no clue why I waited so long.
ANYWAY....
As of today, the illustrious Peter Jackson (if you don't know who that is....oh geez, just look it up) announced today that the originally slated two part movie series of "The Hobbit" will now become a THREE part movie series! Of course, I have some.....concerns.....with this: First off, the book is only 271 pages. Now, there is plenty of material for two movies, but even with some series drawing out, editing, tweaking, etc...it will be interesting to see such short of a book into 3 parts. I mean, the LoTR series itself is WAY over 1000 pages, and each of those movies is well over 3 hours. So that makes sense.
My second concern is that of the actors. Kelly and I are now hopelessly "Sherlocked", and, of course, the illustrious actor playing the hobbit protagonist Bilbo Baggins is also the charming Dr. Watson in Sherlock. I'm just wondering how that will work in terms of filming and production. See, Sherlock's seasons are only 3 episodes, but they're 90 minutes. Season 2 finished in January of this year, and Season 3 starts in January 2013. The Hobbit (part 1) is being released at the end of this year, December 2013 next year, and now with part 3, theoretically summer 2014. How will this work??????????????????
Until then, I shall wait anxiously for The Hobbit. And Smaug. Who is being voiced by the smooth-as-silk Benedict Cumberbatch (who is also Sherlock). Can you say SPAAAZZ??? &^%@(*&P_)_)(#$(*&^@#^%$^&
Kelly: As I posted on my Twitter earlier, I stated that I was going to be cautiously optimistic about the fact that a 2-part movie is now going to be turned into 3. Though my concerns have nothing to do about characters, plot holes or material. The way I see it is simple; MONEY. Think for a sec; the LOTR trilogy pulled in over $2 BILLION. No...not million. OVER 2 BILLION DOLLARS. So really it seems like a no-brainer; die-hards will watch and wait for a 3rd movie. They'll wait and pay to see the three movies. Shoot, I'll wait and pay my dues to see the three movies as a recent Ringer. Like Holly, I too am concerned about the overlapping in Sherlock and this third Hobbit film. Again...cautiously optimistic.
And US just won a bronze in diving! TEAM USA!!! For what it's worth though the Chinese team were really good (they won the gold). Mexico completed the most difficult dive and they walked away with the silver. Let's see what is coming up next...YES. Beach volleyball! May-Treanor and Walsh are coming up next and taking on Czech Republic. We've been waiting patiently since Friday, so we are getting very excited. I really have nothing else to add so I am going to post this humorous picture that a fellow Sherlock fan of ours linked to me and Holly via Facebook. Enjoy the Olympics and don't shoot walls if you're bored.
![]() |
| Holly and I have friends. Sherlock doesn't. Except Watson. |

No comments:
Post a Comment