TV: Ooh that's an easy one!!! That's soooooo easy. My answer: Dr. Carter from ER. We have so much in common!!! Like me, he started out as a bumbling student wanting to save lives and practice medicine. Except he's a medical student and I'm a nursing student. He was anxious to get started and was hesitant at first but then just jumped right in and saved a man's life! Though he faced many hard times and even a severe setback involving illegal substances, Dr. Carter got back on his feet and continued to do what he loved. If I could meet him, I would shake his hand and say "thank you." He also provided with me some words of inspiration that I am carrying with me. "You set the tone." It was said to him as a medical student and he said the same words to an aspiring medical student.
Book: This is a tough one for me. I've REALLY had to think about this. I was going to say Jesus, but I believe that when I die I will see Him anyway. I think the purpose of this was to stick to fictional...oops. Anyway...well, to be honest. I really can't think of anyone at the present time. I'd really love to meet everyone from Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and The Bible, but shoot that would be a long list. Well, there you have it then. There's my list :P
Movie: Again, another easy one. First I would like to acknowledge a bunch of my friends and church goers for continuing to feed my addiction to the Lord of the Rings series. Second is now the answer to whom I would love to meet from the movie. That would be Frodo, or as Sam calls him, Mr. Frodo. Frodo, like all of us who are Christians or others pursuing life's journey, are on a quest. It is up to us to respond to it and venture into a journey, sometimes not knowing the outcome. Frodo did such that. Sacrificing his home, belongings and nearly his life on several occasions, Frodo took the call as the Ring bearer and carried it to its final resting place. He had no idea where he was going or what he was doing but gained some trustworthy followers on the way to his quest. Though others tried to help him carry the burden of the ring, he refused, stating it was his to carry but they were happy to join him if they pleased. Like me, I too am on a journey as a Christ follower. I have had to carry my fair share of Rings and others have offered to carry them for me. But I too have stood firm and said they were mine to carry, and I gained followers and supporters along the way. I've got some great Sams in my life, and Sam was an honest and loyal companion to Frodo, especially when Frodo's hope was dead and buried. If I were to meet Mr. Frodo, number one he would live at my place, probably in some small confines that I have in my apartment. And then I would say "we both have faced great journeys, but we are not alone. We never were."
Plus, Elijah Wood is re-gosh-darn-stinking adorable!! ;]
Holly: Well, Kelly, we must be related. Because some of yours are also some of mine!
TV: Ok, well...I could just be really snarky and say the entire cast of E.R. because at one point all of them have just been like woah to me! But like Kelly, I also have to go with Dr. Carter. He starts out as this shy, unsure, timid little med student, but then becomes a warm, well-respected, model physician. Along the way he deals with all sorts of junk: losing his grandmother ("Gamma"), getting stabbed by a crazy dude and in turn, losing a friend (yes, even though he and Lucy started out hating each other, they DID become friends...so...yeah), a crippling narcotic addiction, a bajillion (in my opinion...crappy, lol) girlfriends, becoming disowned by his family, and finally, falling in love with a woman but losing their child (and, for the record, I'M SORRY KEM, I know y'all lost your little Joshua, but FOR GOODNESS SAKES, HE LOVED YOU!!!!!!!!!! //end rant). Plus, the passing of the "You set the tone" torch from, WAY back in the beginning, Morganstern to Dr. Greene, from Dr. Greene to Carter, then Carter to Gallant, and finally Carter to Morris= aahh! Brilliant! :D
Book: Ok...again, a bajillion could go here. Of course Harry Potter: unabashed bravery, loyalty to his friends, his love for his parents...and he defeats Voldemort. Hello?!?!?!? Freaking. Awesome. But from Lord of the Rings, I LOVE THE TREEBEARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Ents. Whatever you prefer to call them. They keep Merry and Pippin company and just make me happy! I want to just hang out with an Ent for a day. Or forever. :)
Movie: Dangit, Kelly, you took mine again. The Frodo/Sam storyline is perhaps one of my favorite relational stories in fiction. So here's sweet, brave Frodo, who gives up his Hobbit comforts, friends, and security in order to take on a very dangerous and weakening mission: destroying the One Ring. He plans to go at it alone, but Sam shows unwavering loyalty to his master and decides to go along on the arduous journey with him. Though Gollum tries to break them up (P.S. Gollum is an evil little booger...sorry! And that "precioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss" thing...super. legit. creepy). But anyway, towards the end of the journey, Frodo is so weak, he doesn't think he can go another minute, and Sam is asking what he can do...and Frodo just says carry the Ring. I'm done. And Sam tells him "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you." Daaww....still gets to me, even though I've only seen the movie once. But to have a Sam in your life, to have someone stay by your side through EVERYTHING, the good, pretty, and ugly...it's rare, and it's love. Plain and simple. I hope to have someone like that someday.
![]() |
| Well dear us, how in the WORLD could we forget these dashing, charming Brits? None other than Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson! :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment