Kelly: If you all have been watching 30 seconds of the news, it is story after story after story about the fact that rain has been needed. In more areas than ours, but still...rain has been needed. The first mini rain storm started on the first of this month; about 20 minutes of a good downpour. After that, nothing much. 90's, 100+ heat advisories for the last few weeks, and yeah. Before that I couldn't even remember the last time it rained. I'm fairly certain it did not rain the entire month of June unless somebody can jog my memory. Ok enough about that.
For the last few days it has rained a couple of times, but mostly just 20-30 minute downpours and the next day the grounds are completely dry again. This is due to the fact that even though the temperatures have been cooler the humidity is in the 80-90%. Well last night it stormed for quite a bit. Today we have gotten not only one, or 2 but 3 storms. The third one is en route as I type this. With RAIN!!!! Lots and lots of rain! As strange as it is there is a certain beauty behind these storms. It is an answer to prayers that many folks across the country have been yearning for. So yes. Very thankful. This recent rain storm has had me thinking about a silly analogy really. In life we go through "dry spells." A dry spell is defined in the book of Kelly as a moment or period of time in which extenuating circumstances get in the way and cause a wide variety of emotions. These emotions include but are not limited to doubt, fear, anger, worry, sadness, etc. In some of my friends I've noticed their dry spells have been with jobs, family, relationships or in my case health problems...or a health problem. I'm seeing a surgeon next Wednesday about my ankle. I don't know what the outcome will be. Maybe some rain (as in answers) will come my way.
Or maybe in my case it's a break from the storm I'm hoping for. Somebody who will listen and say "I hear you. Let's not cover the problem but try to figure out what's still causing it." So as I close, I will leave with this; take the time to figure out what your dry spells are, if you have any. Thank God for the rain He has sent, or maybe you still need prayers for rain to be sent.
Holly: Might I also remind everyone that like half of the country is in a drought. Hopefully this rain now will help that. Like Kelly, I can't even remember the last time it rained until tonight...I'm guessing April (20-30 minute bouts don't count...a WHOLE day of rain). And I've also noticed many people I care about going through dry spells. Perhaps the rain is a sign of better things to come.
Perhaps the rain is a sign of better things to come. That's what I'm choosing to believe. An old cliche I heard not too long ago is "I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow." Something I always joke around about life being short is that we just never know...I could step outside my door tomorrow and be hit by a bus. We just don't know. But what I do know is that many people have prayed for rain...and now it is here. That has to count for something. There's still hope. There always is.
Just now Kelly was saying she always thinks of a particular song whenever it rains. So I'll post some of the lyrics and also close with this: we all go through dry spells. But keep the faith that the rain will come. As I said before, there's always hope. It might not come when we want, or in a way that we expect. But God has been way too good to me and my sister for not having hope. The thunder and lightning are rolling...I believe things are changing. Have faith.
"It doesn't have to make sense. That's why it's called faith." -from an episode of "ER"
Savior, Savior, hear my humble cry
While on others Thou art calling
Do not pass me by
No comments:
Post a Comment