Holly: We have committed the date September 27, 2014 to our memory. No, we'll both be graduated by then. No, it's not our prospective wedding dates. It's not another failed-predicted apocalypse, the inauguration of a new president, the starting date of a new job, or even our 24th birthday.
It's this!
Yes, you are reading this correctly: an entire weekend full of Lord of the Rings enthusiasts, exhibits, frivolity, fun, food, laughter, relationship-building, autumn goodness...all literally a stone's throw away from our very home. Since we are a bit financially strapped to partake in the entire weekend party, we have simply opted for a day pass; regardless, it certainly isn't hampering our enthusiasm any less!
Our registration has already gone through and been received, planning is already under way, we have until the 1st of September (of 2014) to make our payments (at just $30, I mean helloooooooooo??!?! Are you kidding me??!), and we are beyond excited! BEYOND. Excited! We are on the cusp of something we can't even imagine. We are going to meet so many incredible, amazing, inspiring people, all from vastly different walks of life, heck, all from different parts of the country! All sharing in this one thing, this one magical, beautiful thing.
I think even Tolkien himself would be proud! :)
ikgfvuyh (Yoda agrees)
Kelly: It's funny that this happened. We were thinking of going to New York or another American city that is doing a premiere of the last movie. Not that we've completely ruled that out, but now we have something that is set in stone and definitely going to happen! I was so worried (and still am) that I was going to forget that this was happening. I'm thinking oh my gosh that's over a year away! I don't even know what kind of work I'm going to be doing, where I'll be living, whatever! So many unknowns. I did save my registration email though...just in case my big cracked brain lets it slip through.
I don't really know what to expect out of this. A jolly good time for sure. I hope that I meet a lot of awesome people who geek out on this too! My hope is though that even though this is very VERY exciting that I would not let it drive me. That I wouldn't be so obsessed and fixated on the fact that this is really happening that I lose focus. That I can concentrate on the now and what I need to do now, like GRADUATE...ahem. 2 months tomorrow!!!!!!! But once I get over that hump I can start to focus on those things. Taking it one day at a time...but I am really excited about this! And it'll be in the fall, the colors will be changing and the weather hopefully won't be too crazy. But yeah. It's coming! Super super excited!!!!
2 comments:
I'm just now seeing this, but this is awesome! You go enjoy that next year. I'll enjoy LeakyCon in 79 days.
I KNOW!!! We're sooooo excited!!
Post a Comment