Monday, November 10, 2014

Burger and Chips; it's a Fine Fine Life, and guess what? YOU Matter: A night of for KING & COUNTRY

Holly and Kelly: For the 3rd time this year, we saw for KING & COUNTRY last night.

If you remember, this was the same band we saw at the 4th of July concert in Winchester. Back near the end of September, I was randomly browsing and then I (Kelly) checked my email (we signed up to receive their emails after the Winchester concert) and found out they were coming to Lexington. Yup. All over that one! I mean seriously, we love these guys. Not only do they love Jesus, but they love their fans too! Before we left for the concert, they posted on Facebook that they were going to leave tickets at the will-call center FOR FREE for anyone who wanted to go for themselves, friends or family but couldn't afford them. Yeah. Does your favorite band do that? Would your favorite band do that?

We took a good friend of ours, who didn't want to go at first because of the cost and such, but I (Kelly) said "I will buy your ticket and your dinner because I just really want you to see this concert because you will be so blessed by it." Needless to say, we both got several thank-yous (and if you're reading this Matthew, you are so welcome!) But one of the other things that got us sold was their support of Compassion International. In case you don't know what they are, Compassion is an organization that sponsors children that live in impoverished areas of the world. Sponsorship pays for medical care, food, schooling and for these children to receive the Gospel at their local churches. Luke, one of the brothers in the band, is a big supporter of this organization, and so finally, after seeing them 3 times, we finally decided to become sponsors ourselves. We are now sponsoring 5 year old Perla from the Dominican Republic :) We are thankful to God that a portion of our earnings will be going to this little girl so she can grow and know that somewhere in the world she is loved not only by us but by a God so big and loving. If you have any questions about sponsorship or want to sponsor a child yourself, please go to Compassion International's website and get connected.

Anyway, so the concert lasted close to two hours and afterward we waited 45 minutes to meet Joel...again.  I of course (Holly) just had to ask if he remembered me from Winchester (you can read the entire story here...which you should :) ).  Guess what y'all? He did!!!  In fact, he gave me a high five and said "Rock on!  I can tell that it's been loved."  You all, if I could just describe the feeling.  alkdsjbzskjdfng!!! The icing on the concert cake was that they opened the show with my FAVORITE song, "To the Dreamers".  Give it a listen.  You will be encouraged! :)

Like we said, last night was the third time we've seen them this year, and it just blows me away at how much more I fall in love with their music, their message, their stories, every time I see them.  I'll say it again: if you have not yet seen them live, you really need to.  I'm serious.


No comments: