Holly: As I write this, Kelly, Catherine (apartment-mate) and I are observing our new addition get familiar with her surroundings. Yes, we brought home Yoda today. She's almost a year old and she's black and white. And an absolute doll! She likes to knead the carpet...and everything else, for that matter. Already purring and rubbing up on stuff. Considering she's been here for almost six hours and she just woke up from a "shock" nap not half an hour ago. By "shock" nap, I mean that she slept in her carrier for the majority of the afternoon. Kelly and I were worried for a bit. But all seems to be going ok now.
Wiley, on the other hand, is not pleased, as to be expected. He hasn't gone after her yet, but he hisses and meows every time he sees her. Hopefully he'll come around, but until then, we're supervising all felines very closely.
In other unrelated news, after many applications and countless prayers, I GOT A JOB!!!!!!! Yes, I received the phone call this morning at about 11 and I have been on cloud 9999999999 ever since! What I'll be doing is working with a lab group on Alzheimer's research: performing behavioral and cognition tests on aging Beagles. Beagles are being used as the model system because they share identical brain aging patterns with that of humans. I'll update more once I actually start...which is sometime next week, after bureaucratic paperwork doing on Monday. Weeee!!!
Kelly: And now she's behind the TV stand. Ok...yep. Typical cat. We're hoping that the hissy fits (no pun intended) will cease soon. Soon as in by the end of the weekend so we can go to class/work and not worry all day. Wiley is upstairs in my and Holly's room, sitting in the back corner. He's pouting. But every time I start petting him he purrs. He'll get over it.
Here comes Wiley...let the hissing continue. Or stop hopefully. As I often say, this too shall pass. In the meantime, I endured a pretty crazy day at work. Crazy as in long. As part of Berea's sealed deal, all students have to work. I looked and LOOKED for jobs, but could only find one in housekeeping. And my friend got the job for me. At first I was bitter about it because I was going to be working a crappy job with crappy hours doing stuff I already do at home. But really.......it's not that bad. In fact, even after only a week I have learned a lot about myself and what I can handle. Granted my achy joints are angry, but I'm hoping with more time my body will learn to adjust to being on my feet for a very VERY long time. Yoda is now fast asleep, wedged behind the TV stand. None of us have the heart to move her. It's her place now too. We will post pictures and such of her once she (and we) get more settled.
No comments:
Post a Comment