Kelly: And at last, this small space is starting to feel like home. The three of us are on the newly installed internet, the TV is on and Wiley is running around playing. In case you don't know who Wiley is, he's our cat. And we all love him dearly. He loves to play...and wake me or Holly up at 2 in the morning to do so. He loves to cuddle too; there's nothing like coming home from a long day and seeing that furry gray face purring. It's as if he's saying "hello. I'm happy to see you. I hope you had a good day."
Yes, that picture is him. I love him. It's like having a child. Ok, enough about him for now. The remainder of this blog will most likely include something he did. You all have been warned. Anyway, I am really starting to get into the swing of being on our own. I'm actually enjoying it. I won't enjoy paying the bills that will soon be coming, but for now I'm choosing to enjoy it and focus on my summer class. Ew. Since the subject of my class is about humor, I'm thinking about doing my project about Whose Line is it Anyway. Thoughts? Let me know! :] Ok, now I've got to do some more homework. Life never ends for a student, doesn't it? And sis just popped me on google talk. Ahh, there's never a dull moment.
Holly: I just posted an album of pictures on Facebook titled "Post-Berea". I provided the disclaimer that the contents will include mostly Wiley and our second cat Yoda, who has not entered our home yet, but will perhaps by the end of the week (trying to settle into a routine still...).
As it stands life is pretty stagnant for me right now. I am still not employed, but I have my third interview for a job on Thursday. This involves a commute to Lexington, upon which I have never driven before but have been several times. Prayers/good vibes would be greatly appreciated as I would REALLY like to have this job. I'll post more about it later. Until I become employed I'm just trying to relax and rest and keep the apartment clean.
It's sort of strange being a Berea alumni. I graduated almost two weeks ago and it's so weird being in Berea and not having the student mindset. I don't have to worry about homework or tests or papers or any of that stuff, and I find myself growing bored and restless at times. Yesterday I was on campus trying to find a printer for Kelly and I was just walking around thinking "Wow, I'm done. I'm going to miss this place." Hopefully the internet and more campus visits will help. I need to visit people. I miss so many Berea College people, it's ridiculous.
I'm getting loved on by a fluffy gray purring mass. I hope all are well. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment