Squeak got his name because when you drove, the driver's seatbelt would squeak, and sometimes the brakes would too, and it kind of stuck after that. Yep, Squeak was a good little car. And how can you not love that color? :) In the few weeks he lived on campus with us we made many trips, mostly to Brandi's apartment, or to Richmond; he even participated in a heroic adventure to rescue Brandi during the flood of 5-2-2010...yeah, we were fairly convinced we were all going to get swept away!
Unfortunately, our adventures with Squeak were short-lived: heading home for the summer at the end of July, 2010, it was early in the morning, pouring down rain, and I (Holly) was driving down the bypass in Richmond. I accidentally mistook a turn I thought was the on-ramp to the interstate. I ran the red light and we were hit by an oncoming car in the back right passenger's side. God was all over that day and thankfully no one was hurt, save a few bumps and bruises, but a 4-hour trip turned into over 7. Like I said, it was only by the grace of God we made it home safely. The entire story is long, but the end of it was that Squeak was deemed totaled, and he was taken to a junkyard and is now in car heaven.
We've both learned a lot about car responsibility and driving since then; at the time of the accident, we'd had our licenses for less than a year and I had never driven in Richmond before. Lessons learned all around, and we both now have clean driving records and cars we love and take care of.
This link-up brought to you by our dear friend Camille over at Reflections in Writing :)

1 comment:
Hello again my fellow Berean. Squeak looks like he has personality. Thank goodness nobody was hurt in that accident!
Post a Comment