Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Getting to Know us!

A friend of ours posted a challenge by a friend of hers, titled "Getting to know me." So here's ours! :D

1. What is a nickname only your family calls you? 
Kelly: Opal. Well, only my dad calls me that. It started when I was a kid. Still stuck
Holly: My dad calls me H, which has been a recent thing.  H-bomb when I was younger.

2. What is a weird habit of yours? 
Kelly: If I remember it I'll put it on here.
Holly: I chew on the insides of my cheek (gross, I know).  I still bite my nails too.  It's probably why I'm still single :P

3. Do you have any weird phobias? 
Kelly: Stinging bugs. Any of them. I am pretty sure I'm borderline phobic of them. When I grew up if there was one in my bedroom I couldn't kill it because I was too scared. This stemmed after I got stung by a wasp under my nose when I was a kid. And after one that I squished stung me on my foot. And after stepping on a bee in the garage while I was washing my parent's car.
Holly: I am terrified of breaking down in Lexington.  This isn't a joke either.  Cray cray drivers up there.  Ok, this may be a joke, so I wouldn't go so far as to call it a phobia.  I don't really have any phobias, but I am afraid of falling.  Yes, that is different than being afraid of heights.

4. What is a song you secretly like to blast to when you are alone? 
Kelly: I still now and then listen to N*SYNC and Backstreet Boys. Not ashamed whatsoever.
Holly: "Fix My Eyes" by for KING & COUNTRY is pretty much default nowadays.  And not a secret! I like "Pompeii" by Bastille, although the premise is really sad.  And if "What's Love Got to Do With It", oh, it's on.  I have others, but I'd like to maintain some of my dignity ;)

5. What is one of your biggest pet peeves? 
Kelly: Close-mindedness. Bottom line.
Holly: I have several, unfortunately, but one that really grinds my gears is drivers that don't use a turn signal.  AAAGGHHH!!

6. What's one of your nervous habits? 
Kelly: Fidgeting, that's the most common one. Also, I act really stupid/giggly.
Holly: Bouncing my legs when I'm sitting.  Used to drive my mom nuts.

7. What side of the bed do you sleep on? 
Kelly: My bed is a twin bed, but when I'm out or in a bigger bed, usually the right side.
Holly: My left, your right, depending on your perspective :)

8. What was your first stuffed animal and what was its name? 
Kelly: It didn't have a name, but it was this raggedy bear with googly eyes. It was our brother's and (I think) our mom's too. It's at our Ohio house. I think at one point it was called Ginger.
Holly: I can't remember my first stuffed friend, but I have one from when I was 7 that I still sleep with: a ratty terrier-looking dog from the Columbus Zoo.  I call her Ashley.  She's been lots of places.

9. What's the drink you always order at Starbucks? 
Kelly: Either a grande cafe vanilla frappucino or grande cafe espresso frappucino. Then the usual pumpkin spice when they're in season.
Holly: Pumpkin spice latte when they're around, no questions.  Other than that, either a grande cafe vanilla frappucino, a grande valencia orange refresher with vanilla, or a blonde roast with cream and sugar. Sometimes I like a caramel apple spice.  As you can tell, I frequent Starbucks :)

10. Which way do you face the shower? 
Kelly: Uhhhhhh...I'm not really sure how to answer this question. So I suppose I will say no comment.
Holly: I reject this question and substitute my own.  Which....I will think of later.

11. Do you have any weird body skills? 
Kelly: This question made me LOL. But no. No I don't.
Holly: Kelly didn't mention it, but we can do this silly foot dance thing that our mom taught us.  Ask us about it sometime!

12. What is your favorite comfort food that you know is bad but you eat it anyway? 
Kelly: Chocolate. ANYTHING chocolate.
Holly: Well, I just finished a bowl of Edy's mint cookie crunch, so.......

13. What is a phrase or exclamation you always say? 
Kelly: Either "Allons-y, Allonso!" or "Oh my glob." If I really sat down and thought about it then I could think of more.
Holly: If I hear something awesome or crazy, I say "get out."  Actually, it's more like "GET OUT!" Kelly has been on the receiving end of this quite often.

14. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
Kelly: Sometimes my scrub pants from work. I only have one actual set of PJ's. But usually just whatever.
Holly: Usually just a big t-shirt and a pair of shorts.  Cute PJ pants when it gets cooler :)

15. What did you used to wear that you thought was cool, and now you realize it wasn't? 
Kelly: Oh my gosh, does anybody remember those fugly plastic shoes/sandals from the 90's? Totally had a pair of those. HACK.
Holly: Not really so much "wearing", but when I was in high school I used to wear a ton of eye makeup.  You know, the black mascara, black eyeliner, metallic eyeshadow.  I was so into it, and looking through old pictures now a few years later it just looks terrible.  I rarely wear makeup now, but when I do I prefer the natural approach.

No comments: