Holly: Today I witnessed first-hand the sheer goodness of people; people who go above and beyond.
First off, my sister went through "the IKEA experience", she bought me a sick puppy; basically, a cuddly stuffed puppy that is...well, kind of sick-looking, to help me feel better (I've been battling an icky cold for almost a week now and I can't seem to shake it). Completely unexpected and it completely made my day! :)
Instant number 2: One of my professors opened the lab up for us biology students today so we could finish our slide projects. As if that isn't splendid enough, he actually came in for a bit to help us out. ON. A. SATURDAY. Ladies and gentlemen, this is why I love Berea! I mean, would you get that anywhere else? I think not!
Now that I have a sick puppy sprouting out of my lap, I will turn things over to my lovely sister! I hope all of you take the time to thank the people who make your day. If not, be that person to make someone's day! :)
Kelly: Ahh, I have officially gone through the IKEA experience!! If you have not been through the IKEA experience, do so. Anyway, speaking of my IKEA experience, I have a gold star to award for today. Today as we were about to leave, I wanted a bottle of water, but I was 2 quarters short (they were $1.25 for a bottle). I asked my group if anyone had 2 quarters. Out of nowhere, some random guy gave me 2 quarters! Dumfounded by his kindness, I smiled and said thank you, then proceeded to enjoy that bottle of water the whole 2-hour ride back to the Bereaness of it all.
Flash back to....last night. Me, along with several other BCASN folk (Berea College Association of Student Nurses) planned, organized, set up and tore down a haunted house for the campus community and the community at large! We started set up at 5:00, the show started at 7:00, and we stayed until 11:45...PM...to tear down. One of our instructors (who posed as a psychotic patient on the loose) even stayed for a while to help us out. Then today, we got an email from this same instructor as read..."Just wanted to tell you how proud and impressed I am of the efforts that were put forth last night to create a fantastic Haunted House." It really makes me feel good to know that our efforts were not in vain...even if it was just a haunted house.
Well, now that I have concluded this day in a fantastic mood, more homework calls me away unfortunately. I will post pics of the work we did later (when I remember...) and some of our IKEA experience! Have a great weekend and start to the week. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment