Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Friends

Kelly: Short and sweet post tonight, folks. I've been awake for a very long time, BUT my 4am rising times are over!!!! Ok, enough with the commercial break. Anyway, I've reminisced on the fact that I, well, we have just super awesome friends! A few times this week I have really seen this awesomeness blossom and put into practice. It started on Sunday when sis and I were in Sunday School (I'll have her explain it to you because she tells it better). Then came yesterday.

I was at work and I received a text message. I work at 9:00 in the morning and normally don't receive calls/texts until later in the day. Surprised, I clocked out and checked my phone. It was from a very very dear friend of mine and Holly's who happened to graduate this year. I haven't seen him since then and probably won't see him till next month for Homecoming. Anyway, it was in his typical mannerisms, it said this: Hello my love, just wanted to tell you that I love you and miss you! Please share this with your sister because I love her toooooooooooooo! 

Holly, James and me (this is from OUR freshman year. THROWBACK!)
Literally COULD NOT stop smiling for about 10 minutes, because if you knew our friend, he is very....southern. But oh my goodness he is the sweetest guy I've ever met in my entire life and I love him to bits!  Anyway, enough about that. We love our James! :] The most recent acts of love from our friends came yesterday. I received a Facebook message from my aunt saying my 90-year-old grandpa was in the hospital. No details were really known, but I was very worried, because well...my grandpa is 90 years old! I always worry. We later found out that his sodium levels were low, but he's doing better as of today (THANK YOU LORD). Within posting on my facebook about this sudden crisis, I had several comments from friends and family....it was so quick! And I was like, gosh, what in the world did I do to deserve such awesome people in my life? The answer....nothing. But I serve a great God who has blessed me with these individuals, and I thank Him every day for them. YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! <3

Holly:  Nom nom nom Tootsie Rolls!  Oh, sorry...hi there! *gives readers a mini Tootsie Roll*

I have really nothing concrete to add to this, except the church phone call: I checked my cell phone after Sunday school and I had a missed call from our delightful married friends.  P.S. They never call us (mostly b/c we talk on Facebook a lot and you know, they're busy, we're busy, blah blah blah), so I was thinking something had happened.  So I got a hold of my friend and she proceeded to tell me that she and her husband were at church and during the sermon, the pastor told everyone to take out their phones and call someone that they loved and tell them how much they meant to them.  I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!  :)  Yes, we were the receiving end of this random act of kindness, and it completely and wholeheartedly made my day. 

Anyway, that's it, really.  We literally have some of the greatest friends in the world!  You all know who you are! :)
21st birthday! too much fun! :)

Graduation! :)
Our beautiful friends in their grad garb.  Yes, THIS MANY of our friends graduated that day!

From our 20th birthday.  we're a pretty rad bunch!



Best friends since middle school...well, freshman year for us, eighth grade for her! But still! EIGHT YEARS! :)

No comments: